logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 22:13:43 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Rationalizing Human Justifications
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Rationalizing Human Justifications  (Read 742 times)
Drakeo Vortex
Adept

Rate Drakeo Vortex

View Profile E-Mail
Rationalizing Human Justifications
« on: 2003-07-28 06:55:47 »

Why should anyone choose to let something indeterminable control them?
Whether it is legal, social, or emotional. Human action is almost never rationalized.
Knowing our own behavior and programming should justify a much different approach to life, should it not?

Many methods can be taken to reverse as much of the unnecessary baggage of evolution as possible.
Is efficiency an automatic rational override to actions?

Is the goal-oriented model of life substantiated? What other model of life can be rationalized?
As a human what other justification can be made of choices, which do not end up being
Justified by restating "it is because we are human" in one form or another.

I believe the logic of this line of thought breaks down in the continuity of consciousness.
But consciousness can be manipulated by environmental stimulus, which was caused by a previous
conscious state. It is not an internal will but a self-memetic control. As long as such a control
replicates and evolves this would in fact be a more complicated semi-reversed engineered
version of consciousness. This is already being done to some extent but not even close to the
extent of our current knowledge.

The question still remains: Why be something different than the best representation of reality? 
Report to moderator   Logged
athenonrex
Acolyte

Rate athenonrex

you have been FnoRded, may the farce be with you..
admonium
View Profile E-Mail
Re:Rationalizing Human Justifications
« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-30 15:49:50 »

personal enjoyment? lack of seriousness? perhaps there are those that have been there, and maybe even some that are there right now.

perhaps there are people that have reached a sort of "reality enlightenment" and they see only fun entertainment and humour in the world now.

or perhaps they've all migrated to timbuktu, who knows?

"one does not get heavy from elightenment, one becomes light. it's not 'enheavyment' afterall. so why not make light of things, instead of taking them so seriously?"
-discordian proverb

[or perhaps those that have reached such a state find that state byond linguistic explaination to others. how do you explain a point of view to someone that's never had that point of view? more understandably, how do you explain certain sensations, like the feeling of sex, to someone who's never felt them?]

'Tis an Ill Wind that Blows No Minds...

this post is (k) Copyleft...all rights reversed.
Drakeo Vortex
Adept

Rate Drakeo Vortex

View Profile E-Mail
Re:Rationalizing Human Justifications
« Reply #2 on: 2003-08-01 06:45:35 »

How do you embrace your humanity so to speak when the definition of what that is, is in constant change?
How do people isolate themselves in thier bubbles of emotion and yet retain thier rational minds?

This is a principle i try to live by but I don't think it will hold up to even my own criticism:
Increase to the maximum positive emotional reinforceing enviroments which also have intrinisic
properties for intellectual growth. This will go under many revisions but it is my current justification
for my current actions.

Very curious what these conscious justifications "actually" do to the whole of the mind.

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: