logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 07:17:11 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

The Words of Mr Thomas Thorn(EHC)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: The Words of Mr Thomas Thorn(EHC)  (Read 875 times)
Tywick
Archon

Rate Tywick

better_white_meat tywick
View Profile WWW
The Words of Mr Thomas Thorn(EHC)
« on: 2002-11-07 03:31:52 »

Just thought I'd quote Rev. Thorn before his words on Sep. 11 disappeared as I agree with most of what he has to say.

-- original url: http://www.electrichell.com/thorninya.html --

<snip>

UNDIVIDED...UNDER SATAN

I'd like to use the space this month to talk about an event we've come to refer to as the September 11th Tragedy. While I could certainly never be characterized as a humanitarian and my politics have been described as being slightly to the right of Genghis Khan, my heart nonetheless goes out to those who lost loved ones due to this heinous act of terrorism.

While the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were without question acts of war by agents from foreign lands, I feel it is imperative to recognize the motivating factor behind them: religious fundamentalism. For all their rhetoric about American Imperialism or accusations concerning some U.S./Israeli conspiracy for world domination, the foundation of these attacks was not a strike against our government and/or its policies, but our way of life. They resent the happiness and pleasures afforded us as the strongest, richest, and most free country in the world.

Islam, like Christianity and Judaism in their most extreme and ascetic incarnations, rejects earthly pleasures - often to the point of denying life itself. While its more moderate versions and their adherents would decry these attacks on the U.S., they are nonetheless endorsed - even encouraged - by its extremist believers. The fact that these acts of terror were characterized as the will of an angry God by foremost mouthpieces of America's religious right (Falwell and Robertson) mere days after they took place clearly shows the mindsets to be identical. All religious fundamentalists are cut from the same cloth.

Our country was originally settled by victims of religious persecution. Unfortunately, many of them learned nothing from tyranny of the past and went on to perform their own persecutions (i.e. - Salem Witch Trials) in the New World. Nonetheless, our forefathers founded this country on the basis of religious and political diversity. The fact is our founding fathers, while not exactly de-facto Satanists, embraced many aspects of that orientation. America was never, is not, and never will be a "Christian Nation" as many bible-thumping politicians would have us believe. John Adams (2nd President of the United States, Vice President to George Washington) stated unequivocally in the Treaty of Tripoli "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are guaranteed to each and every citizen by the Constitution on which our government is based. It is the responsibility of that government to insure that those rights are upheld. To this effect, Adams also stated "As to religion, I hold it to be the indispensable duty of government to protect all conscientious protesters thereof, and I know of no other business government has to do therewith."

UNITED SATANIC AMERICA

Since the September 11th Tragedy, we have seen a rise in both patriotism and attempts to equate that sentiment with religious or spiritual beliefs. I must emphasize here that the two are NOT synonymous. On the contrary, the aforementioned quotes by Adams, along with a vast archive of like statements from other founding fathers, leave no question that any attempt to foist a religious template over expressions of patriotism is not only unconstitutional, it is un-American. While the rampant use of the phrase "God Bless America" is, for the most part, well intentioned, it nonetheless discriminates against and disenfranchises those of us neither worship nor believe in that "God". We have been excluded from both the nation's healing process and the unified fury of a country under siege. The time has come for us to embrace al-Qaida's malediction of America as "The Great Satan" and proudly wear it as a badge of honor in our quest for vengeance and justice.

To this end, I have begun work on a project that will call attention to not only this disparity, but to the intrinsic patriotism of Satanists as a whole. This venture will be comprised of a compilation CD featuring the musical works of such Satanic luminaries as the late Dr. Anton LaVey, High Priest Peter Gilmore, and an exclusive track from none other than the EHC. A full-color booklet with a variety of graphics, writings and information relating to Satanic Patriotism will accompany the CD. Information and updates regarding contributors will be provided as the project develops. Any interested parties should contact the address below for more information.

Until next month,

Hail Hellfire! Hail Satan!

Rev. Thomas Thorn

revthorn@electrichell.com
Report to moderator   Logged

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:The Words of Mr Thomas Thorn(EHC)
« Reply #1 on: 2002-11-09 06:31:39 »

[[ author reputation (1.66) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2002-11-09 07:31:28 »

[[ author reputation (1.66) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Tywick
Archon

Rate Tywick

better_white_meat tywick
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2002-11-09 15:46:50 »

Just remember not all Satanist are alike.

Rev. Thomas Thorn is a prist in the Church of Satan

Most people that acquire such a position aren't exactly expressing prepubescent angst.

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: