logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-26 21:32:56 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

My Cat RIP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: My Cat RIP  (Read 1147 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
My Cat RIP
« on: 2010-08-17 18:21:43 »

I sorta knew this was going to happen sooner rather than later. He wasn't doing so great for a few weeks now, and then the lab results today. He lived a decent 14 years with a few lousy weeks at the end. He was there with me in a completely different era of my life, and helped keep me sane all the way through . . . well, sorta Makes me think about how different I am now. I miss him already - and always will.  RIP, my baby boy cat, Snoopy. :'(
« Last Edit: 2010-08-17 18:36:21 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:My Cat RIP
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-18 02:29:39 »

[Blunderov] My condolences. They break your heart don't they? It goes with the territory: there is that price to pay for the all too brief love and delight our pets bring to us. And they can teach us many things too.  My cat Theroo is, for instance, is an Epicurean through and through. A bright and shining illustration of practical hedonism in action - well more like 'innaction' mostly. She is a daily lesson in a life well lived.

How it is that the Xtians can expect to be credible when they claim that animals have no souls is beyond my powers to understand: if humans have souls then animals, or at least the higher mammals, show no less evidence thereof. My idea of heaven (I speak hypothetically of course) is a place where I will once again meet all my former dogs and cats. For people, admission is reserved.

Farewell Snoopy. Good innings, dude.
Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-18 22:29:21 »

Thanks Blunderov,

Yeah Snoopy lived a fairly charmed life. From the moment I met him, his standards of living have generally improved despite my own mixed lot. He started out homeless and died as king of the manor once I pawned him off on my parents. I figure 2 parents are better than one even though he really ended up with 3+ attentive humans at most times. All of my parents friends adored him as well. He was an intensely jealous male cat. Generally he loved all humans and hated all other cats. That was how he first came within my sole possession before I moved him onto my parents . . . as the spoils of my second divorce I got the cat who didn't share human attention well with other cats. Otherwise he was absolutely adorable to humans. Always wanting to get in you face if only to mark you now and then and whine about room service. A real flirt of a cat too, and the thing he liked the most when he kissed you was for you to open your mouth and let him look at your teeth for a while. He'd take his time too, obviously disappointed if you got impatient about it, too. He was once nicknamed "DDS" for this. Once he had a good measure of your dental health, he really felt like he knew you.

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-18 22:35:16 »

Hey Mo,

Sad to loose a friend of any kind, but animals remain that unconditional friend.

Hugs

Fritz

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: