logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 11:59:29 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

Jake's conversion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Jake's conversion  (Read 3606 times)
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Jake's conversion
« on: 2006-03-22 15:21:52 »

[[ author reputation (1.66) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Jake's conversion
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-22 15:52:34 »

« Last Edit: 2006-03-22 15:54:45 by Mo » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-23 22:56:25 »

Dear {Mo, Jake Sapiens, memelab, logicnazi, Loki, Every1Hz, and Shadow} or even, as I think more appropriate, 'Alf a Mo'

Whatever is going on with you? Which half of your brain has stopped functioning? What is the point in converting to Mohammedanism in a country where this doesn't even buy you multiple preteen sleeping partners, and where the President calls them his good friends and prays with them (when he isn't preying on them). Do you really mean the "There is no god but god and Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him aka PBUH or PooBar) is his prophet", Mohammedanism? Mohammad the goatphile of the "esteemed" Q'orish tribe? Sheriously? You will be in bad company. Aside from the brain damaged Ali, Chef (of South Park fame - see the "So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but..." thread for more) changed his stage name from Jerome McElroy to Abdul Mohammed Jabbar-Raof Kareem Ali back in 2000. Unfortunately, just as for Christianity - or Judaism - or any number of nasty patriarchal cults, A non-hypocritical adoption of Islam requires you to check in some largish number of braincells at the door (notice how the born again invariably suffer brain damage prior to or simultaneous with their "rebirthing") in order to accept the required "beliefs" or even to accept the "holy writings" as being worth reading (they having the usual problem of holy writings in that they require so much "translation" to mean something that they essentially say anything the translator wants them to mean) . I'm mortified that somebody as smart as you would consider suggesting such a thing even in jest. And if not in jest, which half of your brain has stopped functioning? Because if your brain were functioning on all its cylinders you would see that you would have to play the hypocrite to sign-up. Which I'm persuaded you wouldn't have bothered with for any reason, least of all to bath in the soft-glow of group acceptance, in the past.

If you really desperately want to be part of an oppressed minority group, as I have previously observed, and Lucifer has recently confirmed, all you need do is flaunt your atheism. "Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in “sharing their vision of American society.” Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry."..."they are seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public."

As far as seeming "reasonable, empathic, and ...[searching for] some sense of vision in this country that is ready to be hostile with them...very compatible with the virtues (reason, empathy, and vision), and the sins (hypocrisy, apathy, and dogmatism) goes", this is largely true of what most religions say - Islam, Roman Catholicism, Buddhism, even some small number of Protestants (and even a few atheists). In my experience, this appearance exists only for so long as words and circumstances permit ambiguity. Remove the ambiguity and you will discover that far from slight disagreements that the differences are fundamental and serious. For one thing, a good Muslim is instructed to avoid the company of Q'affir (unbelievers). That automatically eliminates most company that I would imagine you would consider worth seeking (at least for any length of time).

As for Joe Dees, he - and his ilk - are not worth one instant of your consideration when examining your preferred intellectual spectacles. Consider yourself a victim of the Bush anti-reality campaign and mourn the passing of your wonderful mind for a spell before reconsidering. If that doesn't work to dissuade you, just think how bad Joe Dees would feel about his writings here if he ever regained his sanity. Take it from me, I predict that if you follow this path, your embarrassment and even anguish over the loss of your self-respect will be vastly  worse than he could ever suffer - because unlike the NeoCons and NeoConned, I think you really do empathize with others - and yourself. I also predict that you will eventually regain your senses if you follow this path. Cogitate on this vision a little. Then giggle*.

Very kind regards

Hermit

*Then consider taking a laxative. It may do you some good.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
JD
Magister

Rate JD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-24 06:03:13 »

Hey Mo,

Do you believe in God?

If you do not, then I think you would be insulting Muslims and Islam by converting just for politico-social reasons.

At various times I have wanted to express my solidarity with Jews, blacks, gays, even women, but I have never seriously considered becoming one (even if I could).  Please stop and think about this.

If you absolutely have to convert to something Islamic, then please become a Sufi.

Kind regards

Jonathan
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-24 12:36:32 »

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006-03-24 13:06:33 »

Mo Enzyme

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-03-25 05:46:15 »

i say, vaya con dios! whatever keeps you centred. congratulations and keep us posted.
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006-03-29 17:06:28 »

Mo Enzyme

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-29 18:03:29 »

I'm not sure how this suggestion is intended to improve my understanding of your thinking.

Given that the Sufi are "acceptably non-aggressive" to suit even the most ConTroll oriented NeoContaminated bigot, would this serve your asserted purpose to find the most repudiated group better than being a Virian? Can you substantiate - or even articulate - why this should be?

Would you feel comfortable playing the belief game viz the big bad monotheistic god and his camel knowing that the people you are playing mindgames with comprehend your assertions differently? Would issues of hypocrisy not concern you? Would you really become a person of the book and do what is expected? Donate money, stay away from unbelievers, perceive dogs (and bleeders) as unclean etc, etc. You would have to consider the grape as cursed - and I really recommend you try to find and read the brilliant parody of the encounter between Mohammad and the grape as seen from the grape's perspective before you make a final commitment (you shouldn't read works like that after "converting" or you will offend some of your new friends - unless you hypocritically hide it) - realizing that as far as your Muslim friends would be concerned, it would be a final commitment - or they would - rightfully IMO - regard you as a very impolite hypocrite. Rightful because I'm quite  sure they did not encourage you in any way to convert (unless perhaps they are members of some very strange group I have never encountered that has adopted some probably harmful Christian notions), so this action, should you take it, is a clear statement on your part to adopt the rules by which they live their lives (Islam does not require "belief") without reservations on your part. Reservations that you may already have expressed in some of your previous communications on this thread.

While mentioning issues, you might consider some practical considerations which should possibly give you pause for thought. For example, it might be very difficult to disprove an accusation that your charity towards widows and orphans had ended in the hands of the family of e.g. a suicide bomber (particularly if they did - and I am not persuaded that this is - from a religious or social perspective wrong), but according to current American law, this would make you a supporter of terrorism and thus a terrorist and not eligible to lay a shingle anywhere useful. Or would you be careful only to donate non-transferable food-stamps to the unexceptionally needy? In which case, I suggest you watch "My Fair Lady" and pay particularly careful attention to what Eliza Doolittle's father has to say about the merits of the deserving poor.

I like and respect you too much to tell you what to do. But I also like and respect you personally - and your contribution here - enough to want to invite you to stay. And greatly fear that if you take this path that you will end up leaving here and having to avoid our company - or kicking yourself for your hypocrisy. The former would leave me poorer, the latter leaving me unhappy for you. Neither of which appeals to me as an outcome.

Given the number of years that you have lived, and the very many more I hope you will live, I suggest that there is and should be no urgency in this potential or even threatened process. I hope you will take your time to think seriously on this, at least as seriously as those whom you are joining might understand you to be committing to be (which is likely very serious, consider the implications of the fact that some brands of Islam regard apostasy as deserving of death), particularly if you are feeling pressures which might not be leaving your mind as razor-like as it can and ought to be in making changes which I at least see as being very serious and pretty enormous in their scope.

Festine lente

Hermit

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
JD
Magister

Rate JD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-03-31 08:17:52 »

Quote from: Hermit on 2006-03-29 18:03:29   
I like and respect you too much to tell you what to do. But I also like and respect you personally - and your contribution here - enough to want to invite you to stay. And greatly fear that if you take this path that you will end up leaving here and having to avoid our company - or kicking yourself for your hypocrisy. The former would leave me poorer, the latter leaving me unhappy for you. Neither of which appeals to me as an outcome.

I would like to second this.

JD
MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006-03-31 13:14:37 »

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006-04-07 15:35:16 »

« Last Edit: 2006-04-07 15:40:01 by Mo » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006-04-15 13:55:17 »

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006-04-15 14:16:54 »

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Heretic

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006-04-15 14:20:51 »

Mo Enzyme

Pages: [1] 2 Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: