logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-05-08 19:53:19 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

How to Get Involved in CoV?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: How to Get Involved in CoV?  (Read 1537 times)
Matt Arnold
Magister

Rate Matt Arnold

The Electric Monk
145919418 145919418    nemorathwald nemorathwald
View Profile WWW E-Mail
How to Get Involved in CoV?
« on: 2004-05-17 14:18:30 »

Ever since I found out about the Church of Virus a couple of years ago, I've considered myself a Virian, as defined in the FAQ. However, that's not a definition that includes relationships or membership in an organization. I put up a link to CoV on my personal website and copied the epistemology FAQ, but I didn't feel much of an opportunity to actively participate until I found this messageboard. Even though the excellent and helpful FAQ section made Virus accessable as a philosophy, Virus as an organization or movement seemed opaque to newcomers, because it was difficult to step in midstream to the challenging conversations in progress.

Now that I've returned and seen the ranking system this BBS has, I'm quite excited about it. The idea of having an official title in the Church of Virus has a certain fashionable appeal. What criteria are people ranking on?
Report to moderator   Logged

He believed in a door. The door was the way to... to... The Door was The Way. Good. Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to.
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:How to Get Involved in CoV?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-24 12:39:09 »

I rank on the quality of participation in the mailing list, BBS and IRC. Those that embrace the virtues of Reason, Vision and Empathy will get a higher ranking from me than those that succumb to Dogmatism, Apathy and Hypocrisy. Eloquence and humour are also appreciated.
Matt Arnold
Magister

Rate Matt Arnold

The Electric Monk
View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-24 13:15:25 »

If I post to the mailing list forums on the BBS, does that get sent out as an e-mail to the mailing list?

Does the official chat function run on IRC?

[edited to add, never mind this question. The newsbox occasionally offers the description: IRC chat. Pardon all my questions. It's true that people should look things up for themselves, but some people consider the personal approach of a "welcome wagon" answering their questions to be an essential social function of joining a community. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but I would volunteer to fill the role if desired.]
« Last Edit: 2004-05-24 13:28:12 by Matt Arnold » Report to moderator   Logged

He believed in a door. The door was the way to... to... The Door was The Way. Good. Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to.
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-24 16:52:16 »

Quote from: Matt_Arnold on 2004-05-24 13:15:25   

If I post to the mailing list forums on the BBS, does that get sent out as an e-mail to the mailing list?

If you post to the Virus 2004 board it will be forwarded to the list, but only if you subscribe to the list. (Only list subscribers may post to the list.)
Matt Arnold
Magister

Rate Matt Arnold

The Electric Monk
View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2004-05-25 10:57:25 »

I love how the mailing list is reproduced on this messageboard. That way everyone can choose which way they will view the content, and yet everyone participates. Personally I severely dislike e-mail lists because they either flood my inbox with topics of discussion that I'm not interested in, or I have to scroll down through an interminable daily digest full of reply-duplication just to get to the posts I want to read. Thank you for working out a solution.

Heretician
Initiate

Rate Heretician

dah+heretician
View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2004-11-23 10:18:19 »

So we have to be active on the messageboard? I will post a few times but the IRC is my pick.

Btw- Dont know if you remember me david, lots of stuff has happened but ill be back to being active again soon.
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 2004-11-23 18:32:33 »

Quote from: Heretician on 2004-11-23 10:18:19   

So we have to be active on the messageboard? I will post a few times but the IRC is my pick.

It helps but it isn't necessary. Sat has a high rep and he only appears on IRC.

Quote:

Btw- Dont know if you remember me david, lots of stuff has happened but ill be back to being active again soon.

I remember your arrival and I'm looking forward to your return.
Sat
Acolyte

Rate Sat

Freelance Pedestrian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-12 13:10:44 »

Well I cruise through the BBS every so often looking for souls to reap and spirits to steal.

And, of course I rate each by how they taste.  I've found that Lucifer's soul has a slight chocolate hazlenut flavor, but mostly, it is like the skin on Brie cheese.  I like Brie cheese so I've rated Lucifer highly.

I especially like to melt Lucifer onto French bread with some Rhino (who'se spirit is like artichokes and olives).  It's a great combo.

Other days I'm more in the mood for sushi so I nibble on Mermaid a bit. She's great with wasabi.

Ascend Through Modification

Church of Virus Web Hosting Donations

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: