Re: virus: more important than love?

From: J D E (virus@joeldavid.com)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 13:12:39 MST

become a part of the whole and feel a part of the whole society. Isn't
this, in fact, the basis of religion and belief? To associate with other
like-minded individuals? While you may work for the benefit of a large
group, you are still not a part of the complete whole.

Being on this list, perhaps you take the opinion that we are all human, and
there is an unknown force at work on all of us. Perhaps you wonder about
the interaction of time and experience, uniqueness and familiarity.
Personally, I have accepted that regardless of your beliefs, there will be
someone to oppose your way of thinking, and that alone could be a seed for
conflict. I try to avoid confrontation of that manner; which perhaps may
have resulted in many of the problems I encountered in recent months. My
life path was becoming something I did not want, because I had allowed it to
be directed by others. I made choices that contradicted my own personal
commitments, and I was shunned away by those I had trusted. A life lesson,
very well learned.

A book a read recently, "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield, took
human consciousness to a higher level, overcoming the stigmas of religion
and showing how conflict and war in fact could be a necessary influence on
life and society.

My changing views of life purpose and meaning are very much so in their
infancy. A life I once embraced as fulfilling and complete suddenly became
the way of life I no longer wanted. I know I am but one of many, but I feel
so very alone and unique in this world. In fear of again losing my energy
to a source I do not want to support, I am now very cautious about the
feelings and intuition that I experience with each new encounter.

I apologize for what may seem to be a self-absorbed and sporadic
discussion... I am trying to explain a purpose and meaning for life without
relying upon the need for love, relationships, and pleasure. My mental
capacities are somewhat still in shock from my experiencs.

-JDE