Re: virus: Islam and Armageddon (from secularislam.org)

From: Bill Roh (billroh@churchofvirus.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 16:58:57 MST

I read the Koran (or Quran - however the spelling is liked the most) a
few years ago and have been very surprised about people wanting to
glorify the religion as the "religion of peace and love." Those themes
are little discussed in book, while violence, betrayal and war are
continuous topics of the book. About the only frequent nice behavior in
the entire book is the "Be nice to orphans" thing - gee, I wonder where
that came from? I don't mean to belittle the followers of Mohammed, but
this book is obviously the worst written, most asinine of the entire
Western Religion collection. At least the Old Testament is a good read,
and the new, well, as a character in a book, i kinda liked Jesus, though
I do not think he ever existed as a person. The end of the Bible is just
garbage, but at least its a few hundred pages.

Of course, it's amazing what you can believe in if you get on your
knees, and meditate yourself into mental oblivion while reciting verses
5 times a day.

Bill
If you look hard enough, the Devil is everywhere!