virus: Islam and Armageddon

From: Richard Ridge (richard_ridge@tao-group.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 02:52:04 MST

> I read the Koran (or Quran - however the spelling is liked the most) a
> few years ago and have been very surprised about people wanting to
> glorify the religion as the "religion of peace and love." Those themes
> are little discussed in book, while violence, betrayal and war are
> continuous topics of the book.

http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/ArticleView.asp?Accessible=yes&P_Article
8179

 "When i was in Sinai-the place where Moses received the Ten Commandments-I
had a sort of negative revelation: to believe in one God you have to be a
cretin. That is the only word for it. And the most crass religion is Islam.
When you read the Koran you are appalled, simply appalled."

> Of course, it's amazing what you can believe in if you get on your
> knees, and meditate yourself into mental oblivion while reciting verses
> 5 times a day.

I fully expect it to be achievable with the gas bill, if you tried hard
enough.