logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-28 12:32:01 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

Schadenfreude
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Schadenfreude  (Read 2014 times)
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Schadenfreude
« on: 2008-12-20 11:54:41 »

I confess to being happy to see this bigoted charity go down in flames due to the Madoff scandal.
Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Schadenfreude
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-20 21:33:22 »

I don't know if I really share your enthusiasm for their demise. I feel more of a "so what" feeling. However I did notice this of hypocrisy in part in their mission statement which I found a bit objectionable.

•Imbue our children with the desire to stay Jewish and marry Jewish

and then a little further down.

• Supporting interfaith families in raising children exclusively within the Jewish faith by facilitating conversion to Judaism for those seeking to do so, as well as by providing educational programs about Judaism.

I think this type of dogmatic cultural enslavement of offspring is not only foolish, but unconscionable. I could have sympathy for those sharing a common history to preserve it and preserve interest in it, but when you get down to attempting to dictate reproductive rules to children who don't have a clue about the real stakes, I find it highly irresponsible.

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-21 01:12:55 »

[Blunderov] I'm leery of nationalism at the best of times. But when it is combined with religion... well all I can say is hold onto your hat. I remember Christian Nationalism in its glory days; a road to hell paved all the way to the horizon with good intentions. The truly terrible thing is the way religion is used to leverage nationalism into the position of a self-evidently good thing. (A fallacy of composition one might say.)

"We believe that the most serious threat to Jewish continuity is assimilation and intermarriage"

A seemingly laudable proposition. But consider "We believe that the most serious threat to white supremacy is assimilation and intermarriage" as an alternative. A lot less palatable, that.

Handsome is as handsome does. The behaviour of Israel since its misbegotten conception has been appalling.
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2008-12-21 17:02:13 »

Quote from: Blunderov on 2008-12-21 01:12:55   

"We believe that the most serious threat to Jewish continuity is assimilation and intermarriage"

A seemingly laudable proposition. But consider "We believe that the most serious threat to white supremacy is assimilation and intermarriage" as an alternative. A lot less palatable, that.

That is exactly the test I used to judge this organization bigoted. Take their mission statement, substitute "white" for their particular group and evaluate expected reaction. This group failed the White Test.

Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-12-22 01:04:47 »

http://www.jewishjournal.org/index.php/story/news_features/seeking_ways_to_respond/

not so fast..he already has 100k for 2009 from another donor.

here is the thing you need to know about 'non profit charitable organisations' that have a religious angle....simply put in two words: 1. tax 2. break.

and if the religion is judaism..it makes more sense as legally one cannot send one's income to israel without getting that income taxed unless its through a 'charity'.

madoff scam makes no difference.

interestingly, one cannot send money to islamic charities legally. try donating to hamas. on the other hand, its ok to send money to israel and keep them solvent to crush the palestinians.

p.s. when you 'shut down' a charity, you dont have to return the profits made from fraudulent investments as required by us law.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-22 01:09:04 by Mermaid » Report to moderator   Logged
Tas6
Adept

Rate Tas6

Virian Alchemist

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-03 10:23:34 »

Personally I take A.S.Lavay's  view: all churches (or religious/national groups) should be taxed! Period! Only those institutes that show usefulness in a provable, reasonable manor should be exempt and subsidized! As to date the Church of Satan is one of the first Legal Atheist churches in the U.S. and has refused tax-exempt status.

Tas6

"Funny goggles and Frankenstein, what real science should be!"
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: