RE: virus: Isn't it funny...

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 12:27:45 MDT

> It is not clear to me that America (I mean this in a general sense,
> present company mostly excluded) has any claims to a monopoly, or
> indeed, any claims whatsoever, on either wisdom or morality.
>
> The projected war on Iraq has no legal or moral justification. To
> argue that it is simply necessary anyway is nothing less than fascist.
> Sapere Aude yourself!

The fascist is Saddam Hussein, and any conventional action that
prevents him from facilitating the nuclear holocaust of others, and, in
inevitable response, Iraq's own people, is ipso facto both wise and
morally justified. And as the War on Drug Users abundantly
demonstrates, sometimes the legal is not moral, thus also sometimes
the purportedly illegal may indeed be the only truly ethical choice open
for the protection and the preservation of the greater good of all.