Re:virus: On to Baghdad?: Yes - The Risks Are Overrated

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 08:20:11 MDT

Daniel Pipes, Dec 3 2001 article, posted by Joe Dees]

Saddam innocent of 9/11: Lord Robertson, NATO's secretary general, last month told US Senators there is "not a cintilla," of evidence linking Iraq with the 9/11 attacks. Columnist Robert Novak concurs that there is "no Iraqi connection."

Not so. Mohammed Atta, one of the hijackers, met with an Iraqi intelligence agent in Prague. Two of his co-conspirators met with Iraqi intelligence officers in the United Arab Emirates. Bin Laden aides met with officials in Baghdad. Further, Saddam may be behind the recent military-grade anthrax attacks, suggested by the presence of bentonite, a substance only Iraq uses for this purpose.

[rhinoceros 1]
To Joe: In previous posts, you said there was no known connection between 9/11 and Iraq. Did you find out that there is one?

[Joe Dees 2]
This is the first time I have run into specificities beyond the meetings.

Daniel Pipes is definitely one of the more knowledgeable sources in the entire discussion (check his bio). His home site is:

http://www.danielpipes.org/

And there are many more essays that are highly germane to our discussions there.

[rhinoceros 3]
I notice the USA government has not been using this evidence -- which was anounced as coming from intelligence sources -- as an argument for a war against Iraq. This should mean that they are not convinced by this evidence.

On the other hand, Daniel Pipes does use this evidence as an argument. Is it fair to assume that he uses unsupported arguments, or is there some other explanation?

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=26039>