Re: virus: The face of genocide - While the world watches

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 12:28:48 MDT

On 7 Aug 2002 at 9:39, rhinoceros wrote:

> [Hermit] "It's worth it" Albright 1996, Dees, 2002
>

> [rhinoceros]
> The difference is that Albright was not just someone in a discussion
> forum.
>
> Quote:
> Leslie Stahl, speaking of US sanctions against Iraq: "We have heard
> that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children
> than died in Hiroshima. And -- and you know, is the price worth it?"
>
> Madeline Albright: "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price
> -- we think the price is worth it."

It was a bad answer; the correct answer would have been to lay that
blood where it belongs: on the hands of Saddam Hussein, who could
have complied with the UN mandates and received all the assistance
his people required, but who preferred to allow children to die as a
propaganda bonanza. BTW, I wonder how many of those purported
children were Shiites or Kurds, groups whom Saddam wanted to
massacre anyway?

> Of course, one may consider this irrelevant. Maybe the new wave of USA
> haters are just fanatic Islamists by upbringing or even
> anti-modernists.

No, just biased and thus unable to consider any but their chosen facet
of the situation.