Re: virus: Toby Keith's Controversial Song

From: Ben (ben@machinegod.org)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 13:46:16 MDT

> [Toby Keith]
> > 'Cuz we'll put a boot in your ass
> > It's the American way.
>
> [ben]
> Indeed. nothing I can argue with there. However, was the song
> controversial because of the meaning conveyed, or because it just
> sucks terribly? My 11 year old has better linguistic skills.

[Joe]
Having seen your skills on display, your progeny probably could best
you also.

[ben]
Oh is this the "intelligentsia" equivalent of "my Dad can beat up your Dad"?
Please. For someone who expects us all to believe that you have the wisdom
of the ancients, your watery retorts are at times embarrasingly childish.

[Joe]
Not that it's anything but a less-than mediocre song, of vourse.

[ben]
So after the flaming is out of the way, you agree with me. What's that all
about then?

-ben