Re:virus: UN report on Jenin released - israel not guilty

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 14:51:36 MDT

[Jonathan 0]
Do I take it you and rhinoceros still think a massacre happened in Jenin? Given there is no evidence to support this allegation at all, I can only assume your belief >is based on bad faith towards Israel.

[rhinoceros 0]
Isn't it amazing how may things about myself can be deduced from a UN report?

[Jonathan]
He He. <innocent>I simply asked a *question*</innocent>.

[rhinoceros]
Ok. If I was around 55 years ago, I would certainly have bad faith towards Israel. Now, generation of people have been living there all this time, both Israelis and Palestinians, and they certainly have the right to live their lives decently.

That said, there is a difference. Palestinians are the ("stateless") underdogs while the state of Israel is the oppressor. Palestinians have to face racial discrimination while Israelis are taking up more land and pushing them further back.

As long as the right of all people to live decently is not secured, war is inevitable in some form or another, and I wouldn't judge a suicide bomber as morally worse than a rocket falling on a neighborhood or a camp. The solution is up to the oppressor, because the "stateless" underdog has nothing to give (and of course, less to lose).

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=25915>