Re: virus: Constipated Post? - Sniff my Derrida

From: Loki100l00@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 23:23:43 MST

In a message dated 1/30/2002 8:49:18 PM Central Standard Time,
lhermit@hotmail.com writes:

> [Mermaid 1*] How about a new title instead of Agnostic or Atheist? Ignostic?
> One who considers religion to be irrelevant. Irrevelant enough to render it
> meaningless to define oneself as an atheist. If you dont believe in a
> diety,
> would you define yourself in the same terms as the entity you reject...An
> ignostic, on the other hand, doesnt care or give a damn.

How about an "apatheist"? I mean as long as we indulge ourselves in this
kind of ad-hoc word invention game, we may as well make it sound like what we
mean. I can definitely see an apatheist not giving a damn about some
supernatural deity. The only problem . . . I can't see them caring enough to
make up a word for it. Sort of a dilemma there, dontcha think? If you care
enough to make up a word for it, you probably don't fit the description of
the word.

-Jake