Re: virus: How to handle lamers? What is off-topic? Ping Roly/Orly/Vinyacálë

From: Xipirho (xipirho@runbox.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 10:53:05 MST

What? Of course it doesn't say in the virus manifesto " personal insults
aren't allowed"!!! I am saying that these insults do more damage to
arguments and to rational, scientific discourse then do the opinions of yash
(or for that matter, anyone!). He is by no means innocent of these kind of
insults, but he is certainly no more hasty than you in using them. I can see
that if he were SPAMMING the list that would be a different matter, but
being checked off just because he may not have supported his arguments
properly!? I didn't find hundreds of sources on which to bolster my
assertions about alfabets and IALs and stuff (not that they would have
probably swayed your opinion anyway, and I don¹t mean that as an insult),
but I certainly wouldn't expect to be booted just becase of this! Often I
didn't have time to spend searching for sources, and perhaps this is the
case with yash. If so, he should state so, but he certainly shouldn't be
booted!
    Anyway, I don¹t, by any means, want to be your enemy hermit, I am simply
stating my opinion about the matter. If a vote was cast with over 90%
majority, then I guess that would be fair, but just booting the oppositon
(!!!???) - not a clever idea. By the way, I checked out the poll and voted,
so just thought I'd say so!
    Hey, why can't you people just drop the whole vedic maths topic if it's
getting annoying/boring for you!!!??? - no need for bootings then!
    Oh, one last thing, you don¹t know how Xi Pi Rho is properly pronounced
do you? Like, in Greek, I mean! Cheers.

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo. Roly/Orly/Vinyacálë.