RE: virus: uh oh! Yash wields race card!

From: Yash (yashk2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 07:26:11 MST

All this blabber from someone who recently calimed "Look at Base 50! This
guy doesn't know Shite to Shinola".

Then, all manners of deviations and contortions to simply finally say "yeah,
but he is using misleading terms", which amounted to saying that you didn't
get the information correctly in the first place, and even after re-reading
it so many times.

A simple "I was wrong" or "I didn't read it properly" or "Sorry, I got the
wrong impression"or "Sorry, I misled others by my hasty post" or "Sorry, I
only gave the text a cursory glance" from you would have sufficed.

Acknowledging your own failings is the first step to self-improvement.

As it is, I already apologised if I got your statements incorrectly. As it
is, you resort often to name-calling. One can easily understand how
misconceptions about your intents can arise when all you can say is a pack
of insults.

You say Dr. Sebby was sarcastic. It may be rightly so. It might have been
his intention. But to me, the fact that he didn't resort to any name-calling
but rather transformed his objection and his noting of some error on my part
into a humorous piece is to be saluted.

It shows he is respectful even if he believes I did wrong. He might have
dismissed me by being really insulting and this probably wouldn't have had
the same effect. A very wise thing to do indeed. And I'm mature enough to
see that I was probably wrong in raising the subject although note that I
didn't say "racist": I said there was a "racist slant" to your post.

You do not show such things in your posts, quite the contrary.

Yash.