RE: virus: Hermitish thinking & personal motivations

From: Yash (yashk2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 08:57:05 MST

Well no, you just didn't follow the thread from the beginning and you
probably have had a warped picture. In any case, please also see the
extracts of Ifrah's book in my earlier post if you're serious about the
history of mathematics and how a worldwide authority in the subject of the
history of mathematics also thinks there's some value in the encoding
schemes of the katapayadi system.

And do not stop at reading Ruggiero's book, that's only nearly half-way
there. Most people wouldn't have assimilated this completely anyway. Also
get a book on Systems thinking. You may like McDermott and O'Connor's "The
Art of Systems Thinking" or Peter Senge's "The Fifth Discipline: The Art and
Practice of the Learning Organization" although the latter one is more
related to Management and Leadership in the enterprise.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0722534426/slide-
show/002-1830478-3760063#reader-link

http://www.worldtrans.org/essay/fifthdisc.html
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0385260954/qid=1011196451/sr=2-1/ref=
sr_2_11_1/002-1830478-3760063

I also advise you to explore epistemology, belief systems and semiotics. The
latter subject can be more efficiently explained to you by Joe Dees. Just
ask, he'll be glad to give you some pointers as he did previously to me in
October.

>From there, you can get a new outlook on theories and their evolutions. You
can put these into practise by viewing all religious vs science debates.
Also check out punctuated equilibria vs the gradualist school of
Neo-Darwinism.

Especially interesting then, will be if you learn about Turchin and Joslyn's
Meta-System Transition Theory and fit the evolutionary theories within that
framework.

To me, Systems Thinking gives you some method whereby you can explore some
more areas of the solution-space of the problem you are considering and
which traditional thinking enables you to cover only part of
[solution-space].

And for more interesting things, also see Objectivism, which arises from the
works of Ayn Rand. It's quite interesting.

I know you're not being an asshole: you're just voicing your opinion and you
seem to agree with what Hermit says. But if you really sought out
correctness, you'd see that many claims he gets worked up about were never
mentioned in my posts. It would have been clearer to you if you followed the
steps I advise above. These are just opinions I have about things that
helped clarify my own ways of thinking - there's no pressure meant about you
doing the same.

Not a single positive comment on the original idea of doing the same thing
in a new language, while at the same time saying he has no time to research
these subjects as the burden of proof lies with me, while at the same time
spending so much time trying to debunk some other things. In french, this is
called "mauvaise foi". Incidentally, literally translated, that means "bad
faith".

Oh and, never let any prejudice get in the way of your learning and
knowledge aquisition.

Regards,

Yash.