virus: Please, be calm!

From: Roly Sookias (rolysookias@talk21.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 07:25:12 MST

    Thanks Kalkor for pointing out the "foolishness" in this whole "debate"
on the vedic stuff! Both Yash and I (following on from his posts) were
talking about the construction of a mathematical language (as he was, very
calmly and admirably with Joe Dee) and I really don't know where this whole
debate about the Vedas came from anyway (well, actually I do, but it doesn't
sound as good!)!
     Herm, the objection that I had with you was the way that you seemed to
be inputting only negative feedback about the Vedic maths, maths tongue and
IAL topics without even acknowledging the benefits of such systems as the
IALs and mathlangs. I know that it would be quite pointless stating positive
things that had already been stated by other members of the congregation,
but surely you must think that if it were to work the idea of, say a
mathlang would be good!?
     This is supposed to be a forum (and I use that term in it's
pre-internet meaning) for rational discourse, not a personality war! I am
not saying that we should all agree on everything by a long chalk, but
simply that branding each other "losers" or saying that arguments are "horse
shit" (hardly a very accurate description) is pointless and simply causes
break down in communication and aggrevation for those at whom or at whose
arguments these insults are levelled.
    Herm, I don't want to be your enemy, far from it, but if you continue to
provide negative comments and feedback it is demoralising and certainly
doesn't serve to increase our respect (which you seem to value very highly)
for you.