Don't know where this comes from but I present it in the hope that it
will provoke a smile or two.
You know you're living in the 2000s when...
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail your mate who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do not
have e-mail addresses.
6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone
in a business manner.
7. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally insert a "9" to
get an outside line.
8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three
10. Your CV is on a disk in your pocket.
11. You learn about your redundancy on the 11o'clock news.
12. Your biggest loss from a system crash was when you lost all of your
13. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.
14. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get
long service awards.
15. Board members salaries are higher than all the Third World countries
annual budgets combined.
16. Interviewees, despite not having the relevant knowledge or
experience, terminate the interview when told of the starting salary.
17. Free food left over from meetings is your staple diet.
18. Your boss gets a brand-new state-of-the-art laptop with all the
latest features, while you have time to go for lunch while yours boots
19. Being sick is defined as you can't walk or you're in hospital.
20. There's no money in the budget for the five permanent staff your
department desperately needs, but they can afford four full-time
management consultants advising your boss's boss on strategy.
21. Your relatives and family describe your job as "works with
AND THE CLINCHERS ARE...
You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.
23. As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your
24. You got this email from a friend that never talks to you anymore,
except to send you jokes from the net.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Sun Sep 22 2002 - 05:06:23 MDT