logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-28 21:41:00 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Arts & Entertainment

Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.  (Read 989 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« on: 2006-05-18 04:26:10 »

[Blunderov] The interior voices of the Rev. appear to have been gaining in urgency of late. Apparently they are now directing a stream meteorological information at his quivering, faun-like ears. And the news is not good.

Seemingly, the denizens of the supernatural realms are disinclined to stand on ceremony with regard to the distinction between tectonic events and storm systems. The wrath of god is all one I suppose.

(Robertson is, as I think I remarked once before, the complete answer to every atheists prayer.)

POSTED: 9:19 pm EDT May 17, 2006

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The Rev. Pat Robertson says God has told him that storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network has told viewers of "The 700 Club" that the revelations came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

He added specifics in Wednesday's show.

"There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest," he said.

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that U.S. agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.
Report to moderator   Logged
Rumgoat
Adept

Rate Rumgoat

It's nice to be a devil when you're one like me.

View Profile
Re:Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-13 07:06:59 »

I admire Pat's ability at prophecy. A storm might hit a the east or west coast of the U.S. sometime during 2006. It could be a tsunami. Maybe not. He's one of the best friends Atheism ever had.

Some more awesome Pat prophecy:

1998: The nation will experience terrorist bombs, earthquakes, tornados, and maybe a meteor because Orlando, Florida flew rainbow flags during a gay pride festival.

1996: Senator Jay Rockefeller will be elected President.

1988: God tells him he will be the next President of the U.S.

1985: World economic collapse, leading to the times of tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

1982: Russia will invade Israel.

1980: A time of sorrow and bloodshed, leading to the times of tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

In his early years, Pat claims the Devil spoke to him, telling him Jesus is playing you for a sucker. I'm just picturing Pat at the Pearly Gates and Jesus jumping out in a trucker hat and a wife beater. You got punk'd.

Report to moderator   Logged

"Both the man of science and the man of action live always at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it."
J. Robert Oppenheimer
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: