logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-23 10:42:08 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Politically Incorrect Beliefs.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Politically Incorrect Beliefs.  (Read 5292 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Politically Incorrect Beliefs.
« on: 2011-11-19 20:43:57 »

From the #virus IRC chatlogs today

12:59:18   Lucifer           Lucifer has changed the topic on #virus to "politically incorrect beliefs"
17:06:19   MoEnzyme   Hmmmmmm, politically incorrect beliefs. . . . . .
17:08:25   MoEnzyme   okay here's one. I think children under 18 should basically be treated as chattel - the
                                        property of their parents. Well, actually a bit more like animals, in that I believe that
                                        they should not be abused and deserve protection of the same kind of welfare laws
                                        which govern animals.
17:10:29   MoEnzyme   But for instance . . . . in Texas, if you murder a child it's considered a capital offense,
                                        death penalty or life imprisonment only if you are found guilty. And that's just crazy.
17:10:54   MoEnzyme   Especially in cases where women kill their infants in a fit of post partem depression.
17:11:59   MoEnzyme   I mean I think she should still be prosecuted, and probably it should be a felony, but if
                                        it's her own child I don't see how she's such a danger to the greater community.
17:12:46   MoEnzyme   However as the law stands, she's punished more severely than if she just went out
                                        and murdered an adult stranger.
17:13:05   MoEnzyme   And that's just backwards.
17:13:52   MoEnzyme   Someone who murders adults are generally much more dangerous to society as a
                                        whole than someone who just murders their own child.
17:14:15   MoEnzyme   So that's my politically incorrect belief for today
17:16:17   MoEnzyme   Perhaps if you murder someone else's child, it could be prosecuted as a regular first
                                        degree murder (5-99yrs or life) in Texas, just like if you killed an adult.
17:17:09   MoEnzyme   but if you happen to just kill your own child, it could just be a second degree felony
                                        (2-20yrs), kind of like a manslaughter conviction.

permlink to this log:http://www.churchofvirus.org/bbs/index.php?board=69;action=chatlog2;channel=%23virus;date=2011-11-19;time=12:59;start=1;max=20
go to #virus IRC http://www.churchofvirus.org/bbs/index.php?board=69;action=chat
« Last Edit: 2011-11-19 20:45:11 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Politically Incorrect Beliefs.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-21 01:21:48 »

[Blunderov] My politically incorrect belief (the one of which I am aware at any rate) is that affirmative action is nothing more nor less than reverse racism and is just as objectionable for the exact same reasons.

Affirmative action is, in a stunning act of blatant self-contradiction, entrenched in the constitution of the Republic of South Africa. This has now led to institutional  and economic discrimination against persons who were born well after apartheid ended. There is no end in sight. Nor will there ever be - there is no finish line. *

If Israel is an apartheid state (and it is) then so is the RSA. Still.

*The massive public service (for instance) is heavily over-subscribed in terms of AA demographics but there is no provision for any political mechanism to evaluate when the "playing field" has become leveled and when to do away with AA. Nor will there ever be if I'm any judge. </rant>
Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-21 08:54:56 »

Lucifer offered one in response to mine: http://www.churchofvirus.org/bbs/index.php?board=69;action=chatlog2;channel=%23virus;date=2011-11-19;time=21:00;start=0;max=10
21:12:37   Lucifer   That's a pretty good one, Mo
21:12:51   Lucifer   but I happen to agree, children should be treated like pets by the law
21:14:09   Lucifer   my PI belief du jour is this: involuntary wealth redistribution is immoral
21:15:26   Lucifer   i.e. forcefully taking from someone and giving to someone else is not ethical, no matter how much the first person has or how little the second person has

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-21 20:38:56 »

[Fritz] Politically Incorrect Beliefs .... hmmm ... well now ... "Kill'in a man is a hell of a thing to do, ya take away everything he was and will ever been" (Pale Rider) .... And that is what needs to be done with a great number of individuals in the Penal System, given that the recidivism rate is over 90 percent in the federal system and not the numbers we are feed by the politicians.

Did I say that out loud .......

« Last Edit: 2011-11-21 20:40:01 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2011-11-22 23:31:04 »

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2011-11-19 20:43:57   

17:10:29   MoEnzyme   But for instance . . . . in Texas, if you murder a child it's considered a capital offense,
                                        death penalty or life imprisonment only if you are found guilty. And that's just crazy.
17:10:54   MoEnzyme   Especially in cases where women kill their infants in a fit of post partem depression.
17:11:59   MoEnzyme   I mean I think she should still be prosecuted, and probably it should be a felony, but if
                                        it's her own child I don't see how she's such a danger to the greater community.

I was surprised to read this today about a local (Calgary) case:

Quote:
But increasingly, experts say, when women have been accused of killing their babies, they have been charged with the more serious offence of murder, which carries a mandatory life sentence, and not infanticide, which takes into account mental disturbances as a result of childbirth and has a five-year sentence.

So it seems Canadian law agrees with Mo.

David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2011-11-22 23:32:13 »

Quote from: Fritz on 2011-11-21 20:38:56   

[Fritz] Politically Incorrect Beliefs .... hmmm ... well now ... "Kill'in a man is a hell of a thing to do, ya take away everything he was and will ever been" (Pale Rider) .... And that is what needs to be done with a great number of individuals in the Penal System, given that the recidivism rate is over 90 percent in the federal system and not the numbers we are feed by the politicians.

So which ones in the penal system deserve the death penalty in your view?
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 2011-11-22 23:35:12 »

This thread reminds me of an excellent essay by Paul Graham, What You Can't Say.
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #7 on: 2011-11-23 12:12:21 »

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2011-11-22 23:32:13   

Quote from: Fritz on 2011-11-21 20:38:56   

So which ones in the penal system deserve the death penalty in your view?

On the outset the Canadian Prison system is broken; inmates are abused and jail guards are abused by the management; these are verifiable statements. We have social problems that prejudice parts of society to prison, but once you've reached the federal system for the most part you've screwed up. And then if you come out even ofter just 5 years without Hepatitis or HiV you are lucky.

Our population has a percentage of sociopaths and a percent of them are psychopaths and a percentage of them hurt or kill their fellow citizens. Currently we have 30,000 or so Canadians in the federal prisons out of 35 million Canadians. I would suggest that for number of these inmates rehabilitation will not be an option and they would be self evident.

http://www.vcn.bc.ca/august10/politics/facts_stats.html
« Last Edit: 2011-11-23 12:17:47 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
coo003
Neophyte

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #8 on: 2012-02-11 05:04:26 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

cheap wedding dresses
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: