logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 04:20:21 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Tea Party = GOP = Fox News
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Tea Party = GOP = Fox News  (Read 823 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Tea Party = GOP = Fox News
« on: 2010-07-07 18:36:55 »

We already knew about Fox News, now the latest Gallup polling explicitly seals the TeaParty-GOP-FoxNews circle jerk. Gee, why am I so completely not surprised? Basically the tea party has been an excuse for Republican party hacks to act like complete assholes while pretending that they are really independents. I'm sure it was very obvious from the beginning to the rest of the world since the tea party was started by Dick Armey and Fox News, but somehow the media has gone through this ridiculous charade for a year and a half incredulously wondering aloud "just who are these angry people"? Doh!! I guess it just goes to show that millions of dollars of GOP special interest money can make the media act really stupid for almost two years.

Tea Party = Republican party?
By Chris Cillizza  |  July 6, 2010; 3:24 PM ET

Quote:
The scads of media coverage about the burgeoning "tea party" effort has focused heavily on the idea that those who identify themselves as part of the movement are political free agents -- dismissive of both parties and Washington in general.

New data out of Gallup suggests that premise isn't right, as nearly seven in 10 tea party supporters describe themselves as "conservative Republicans."

All told, nearly 80 percent of tea party supporters describe themselves as Republicans, while 15 percent say they are Democrats and just six percent are, in their own minds, "pure independents."

full story: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/republican-party/tea-party-as-the-republican-pa.html

[Mo] Given this poll regarding the Tea Party I think its a good time to review with Rachel Maddow who back in October made a very clear case about why Fox News isn't news. Basically its all about how the Fox News organization threw its corporate sponsorship and hired media talents behind the Tea Party Express (aka the "GOP")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3LUid0IZ2w

Fox News, the Tea Party, and the Republican Party are all basically the same GOP propaganda noise machine.

« Last Edit: 2010-07-07 18:38:59 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Tea Party = GOP = Fox News
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-17 19:26:38 »

[Mo] Just moving some money around the machine. -Mo

Fox parent News Corp. donates $1 million to Republican Governors' Association
August 17, 2010; 11:58 AM ET

Rupert Murdoch
Quote:
Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. gave $1 million to the Republican Governors Association (RGA) this year, Bloomberg reported. The company owns Fox News and the New York Post. (You can see the full IRS filing here.)

full story:http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/08/fox-parent-news-corp-donates-1.html
« Last Edit: 2010-08-17 19:27:30 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: