logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-24 07:51:22 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Mosque at 9/11 ground zero?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Mosque at 9/11 ground zero?  (Read 888 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Mosque at 9/11 ground zero?
« on: 2010-06-06 16:32:58 »

I'm not so concerned about mosques near ground zero. Perhaps I'm just conditioned for such ironies and insults. But I'm happy to have Pat Condell remind us what we are in for if we don't sort our our secular values before we receive the Muslim waves yet to arrive in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjS0Novt3X4

Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Mosque at 9/11 ground zero?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-06 17:29:01 »

I like Pat Condell because of his brave and unflinching opinion based on basic values. But really, even as an American I'm not feeling so insulted that political-Islamists would figure out a way to dance on the victim's graves. Its not so much more shamelessly shocking if slightly more alien that our own religious right crusaders and their willingness to read "god's will" into every natural disaster and foreign affair. It all registers an even if somewhat disconcerting "whatever" on the nutcase spectrum. Crazy people say and do crazy things, Pat, but then you knew that already. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, of course. You're always a good chap for that canary in the mine issue We really ought to be considering that unless we take a stand for basic first amendment secular values, how fragile our brand of democracy will eventually seem to the full onslaught of political Islam which Europe is currently enjoying, and that we cannot ultimately avoid in the US sooner rather than later.

-Mo
« Last Edit: 2010-06-06 17:53:32 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-10 12:08:25 »

Like I said in response to Pat Condell's video piece, I'm not feeling anymore insulted by Muslims erecting a mosque at ground zero than I am by any of the other religiously inspired atrocities that the civilized world must endure at the hands of any brand of inhumane religious zealotry. I'm sure this kind of hateful response here is exactly the kind of thing that the mosque builders hoped to elicit. All the religious nutjobs more or less suck on this issue either in the initial attack, or the illegal crusade into Iraq by our Christian president at the time, etc. I'd love it if we could establish a "no religion" zone around ground zero in acknowledgement of the dangerous universal memetic cancer which keeps this brutal silliness alive.

-Mo

Cops Forced to Rescue Egyptians from Hostile Wingnuts as Islamophobic Ground Zero Protests Turn Ugly

The North Bergen Record brings us the worst people in the world (via) …

As a hot, humid wind blew off New York Harbor, Mitzner joined some 500 others to stir up a rhetorical whirlwind of protest against a proposal to build a mosque and Islamic cultural center near the site of America’s bloodiest terror attack.

Unfortunately, this is what Ground Zero has now become — a scene of protests. [...]

Indeed, in tone and in the personalities it attracted, Sunday’s rally was far different from the many Ground Zero gatherings and memorial services of recent years.

Only a handful of victims’ relatives came on Sunday.

Sunday’s crowd included representatives of the conservative Tea Party movement, some of them wearing anti-tax T-shirts that had nothing to do with Ground Zero, Islam or terrorism.

“We must take a stand and we must say no,” shouted rally organizer Pamela Geller as the crowd roared approval. Moments later, another keynote speaker, Robert Spencer, sparked more cheers when he asked, “Are you tired of being lied to?”

Spencer, however, did not explain precisely what lies he was referring to. [...]

At one point, a portion of the crowd menacingly surrounded two Egyptian men who were speaking Arabic and were thought to be Muslims.

“Go home,” several shouted from the crowd.

“Get out,” others shouted.

In fact, the two men – Joseph Nassralla and Karam El Masry — were not Muslims at all. They turned out to be Egyptian Coptic Christians who work for a California-based Christian satellite TV station called “The Way.” Both said they had come to protest the mosque.

“I’m a Christian,” Nassralla shouted to the crowd, his eyes bulging and beads of sweat rolling down his face.

But it was no use. The protesters had become so angry at what they thought were Muslims that New York City police officers had to rush in and pull Nassralla and El Masry to safety.

“I flew nine hours in an airplane to come here,” a frustrated Nassralla said afterward.

The incident underscores how contentious — and, perhaps, how irrational — the debate over the mosque has become.

Perhaps irrational?

What assholes.

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/06/09/islamophobic-ground-zero-protests-turn-ugly-passersby-harrassed-by-hostile-wingnuts/
« Last Edit: 2010-06-10 12:17:02 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-13 20:16:04 »

Seems that Christendom is struggling with this elsewhere as well.

Cheers

Fritz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHZVKcSxruM
Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: