logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 05:14:05 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Do you want to know where you stand?

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Religious Rights for homophobes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Religious Rights for homophobes  (Read 1201 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Religious Rights for homophobes
« on: 2010-06-02 15:38:18 »

[Mo] Can't you feel their pain?

Perkins: Ending DADT Would Threaten Religious Freedom
By Julie Bolcer
Posted on Advocate.com June 02, 2010

Quote:
Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, uses the venue of CNN's religion blog to argue that ending the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy would undermine religious liberty and subject believers to “pro-homosexual political correctness” that he claims pervades the military.

According to Perkins, a Marine veteran, the threat to religious freedom comes from the potential for nondiscrimination provisions to be added to the Department of Defense equal opportunity policy and related human relations training programs.
Full story:
http://advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/06/02/Perkins_Ending_DADT_Would_Threaten_Religious_Freedom/

Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:Religious Rights for homophobes
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-03 00:46:09 »

For those less familiar with Perkins and his connections to white racist groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Perkins_(politician)#Controversies

Council of Conservative Citizens
In 2001, Perkins addressed the Council of Conservative Citizens (successor organization to the racist White Citizens Council), a known white nationalist organization.

Connections to David Duke
The Nation claims that in 1996, Perkins paid former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke $82,000 for use of his mailing list. At the time, Perkins was campaign manager for Louis E. "Woody" Jenkins, a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in Louisiana. The Federal Election Commission fined the Jenkins campaign $3,000 for attempting to hide the money paid to Duke.

The Family Research Council says Blumenthal's claims about Perkins' connection to David Duke are false; FRC adds that Duke's "connection was not known to Mr. Perkins until 1999. Mr. Perkins claims to oppose the racial views of Mr. Duke and expresses grief to learn that Duke was a party to the company that had done work for the 1996 campaign."

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-04 18:06:14 »

[Mo]More recent gay-hating political activities of Tony Perkins and the "Family Research Council". For a supposedly straight man, he sure does spend a lot of money and effort to fight and kill gays.

CHRISTIAN LOVE: Family Research Council Lobbied Congress Against Resolution Denouncing Uganda's Kill Gays Bill
click on link for images of relevant documents and commentary.
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2010/06/christian-love-family-research-council.html
It's time for the Southern Poverty Law Center to reclassify the Family Research Council as an official hate group, not merely anti-gay as they are now listed. According to the FRC's official lobbying report for the first quarter of 2010, they paid two of their henchmen $25,000 to lobby Congress against approving a resolution denouncing Uganda's plan to execute homosexuals. The resolution passed in the Senate on April 13th, but remains languishing in the House almost four months after being referred to the Foreign Affairs Committee. Did the FRC's lobbying kill it? As we learned last week with Malawi, international pressure CAN sway even the most virulently anti-gay government.

Below are three screencaps of the 20-page Family Research Council lobbying report supplied to me by Duncan Osbourne at Gay City News. Among the other items they lobbied against are the overturn of DADT and DOMA, which is to be expected. But it's almost astounding, almost, that they would lobby the members of Congress against denouncing the death penalty for LGBT people. THIS needs to fucking THROWN in Tony Perkins' and Peter Sprigg's smirking faces the next time they appear on cable television to speak in soothing voices about the FRC's godly gentle love for homosexuals. The proof is right below on official United States government stationery. The Family Research Council wants you DEAD. Glory! Praise His Name! Also: Die, faggots, die!

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-04 21:35:58 »

Quote:
[Mo] Articulating the WTF? justification to coming out of the closet . . . about anything really, but homosexuality in this particular case.

That’s not to say staying in the closet on Facebook can’t be done. It’s possible, as long as you’re willing to work it like a full-time job. Keeping an eagle eye on tagged photos, pushing Facebook’s customizable privacy options to their capacity, swooping in to delete unapproved comments and wall posts, refraining from posting the new Beyoncé video even though it’s so fabulous—all in a day’s work. But whereas in the recent past, being in the closet wasn’t that much work once you were out of your parents’ house, now it requires real effort. Closeted people can’t just watch their own behavior anymore: they have to monitor and somehow orchestrate the behavior of others, 24 hours a day, in real time.

In spite of all the painstaking labor that goes into being secretly gay in the age of information sharing, my advice to Joe to get off Facebook was mostly facetious. Clearly, that isn’t a feasible option. Facebook is now an integral part of our culture. Its precipitous growth is owed to the fact that it works only if it’s massive. The more people participate, the more utility it has, and the more utility it has, the more compulsory participation becomes. Your technophobic aunt is on Facebook not because she wants to be but because she feels she has to be, and she kind of does. Joe is 27; to sit out of Facebook is to be seen as a Luddite or, heaven forbid, the type of pretentious jackass who opts out of anything deemed to be too mainstream. Worse still, he would miss out on my status updates, which, if I do say so, are wryly observant and quite hilarious.

Many gays and lesbians will never get actively involved in the fight for equal rights. They may never take part in a march or a protest, and coming out to their friends and loved ones will be the most daring and progressive act they ever commit. But its impact can’t be underestimated. According to a Gallup poll released last week, American support of gay and lesbian relationships crossed the symbolic 50 percent mark; just over half of respondents called them morally acceptable, and those who found them morally wrong dropped to the lowest percentage (43 percent) in a decade. It’s not a stretch to assume that this trend is owed, at least in part, to brave men and women coming out and forcing those around them to confront and reconcile their prejudices. A close friend of mine, from whom I kept my sexuality for years, apologizes to this day for having made me feel I couldn’t tell her. She credits me with shifting her attitudes about gays and lesbians; when forced to choose between my awesome friendship and her bigotry, she made the obvious choice.That’s not to say staying in the closet on Facebook can’t be done. It’s possible, as long as you’re willing to work it like a full-time job.

Keeping an eagle eye on tagged photos, pushing Facebook’s customizable privacy options to their capacity, swooping in to delete unapproved comments and wall posts, refraining from posting the new Beyoncé video even though it’s so fabulous—all in a day’s work. But whereas in the recent past, being in the closet wasn’t that much work once you were out of your parents’ house, now it requires real effort. Closeted people can’t just watch their own behavior anymore: they have to monitor and somehow orchestrate the behavior of others, 24 hours a day, in real time.

« Last Edit: 2010-06-04 21:37:45 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-11 02:39:50 »

I've had at least a couple of people lately get annoyed at my willingness to "make an issue" out of homophobic bigotry when confronted with it. I refuse to apologize for that, so if denouncing homicidal intentions towards people based on their sexual gender preferences is going to bother anyone, then they should probably just stay away from me. If Uganda politically follows through on this death to gays issue which some of their politicians have embraced, I hope they suffer economically in any way I and millions of other decent people can legally cause them to. If and when that happens, I can assure you that we will be very organized about this. Yes we can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnQNHy2wFAE
« Last Edit: 2010-06-12 11:23:33 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

Mo Enzyme

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: