logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-28 11:11:57 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Serious Business

Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 bill  (Read 475 times)
Fox
Archon

Rate Fox

Never underestimate the odds.

View Profile
Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 bill
« on: 2010-02-12 01:07:36 »

Courtesy of Senator John McCain and Byron Dorgan.

(link infra)
Quote:
In order to mislead the public about the true nature of this bill, it has been named the Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010 (DSSA). Despite nutritional supplements’ safety record, McCain’s bill would give the FDA authority to draw up a list of allowed and disallowed supplements (and supplement potencies). This bill would cause any dietary supplement to be classified as “adulterated” if it is “manufactured, packaged, held, distributed, labeled or licensed by a dietary supplement company not registered with the Secretary.” The “Secretary” in this case is the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the department of the federal government that oversees the FDA.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the WHO and FAO and Codex Alimentarius (who are said to have an ulterior motive of their own in order to help reduce global populations, under the guise (or sacred straw-man, take your pick) of "public safety")? I can't help but wonder if there is a connection. Either way, I never did fully understand the whole "land of the free" hype surrounding the United States and little things like this (and by little I mean in contrast to much bigger problems such as illegal and unethical wars and economic meltdowns) are just more reason for me to think of "American freedom" (as well as "American justice" in many ways) as one big hypocritical falsehood which some American's just love to advertise of themselves. But, and despite whether there is an ulterior motive behind this or not, if passed this is likely to affect a majority of the harmless (and rather beneficial) supplements that the public has free access to, so please notify your representatives about how you feel on this issue. If however you see bill as a good thing, then please explain your reasons why.

Link to the imposed bill.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-12 01:12:39 by Fox » Report to moderator   Logged

I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. - Gatsu
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: