logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-30 02:40:27 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Second Life

Chat logs from TV06
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Chat logs from TV06  (Read 913 times)
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Chat logs from TV06
« on: 2006-08-19 18:25:06 »

I set up a SLacker bot to act as a gateway between Uvvy island in Second Life and the official #transvision channel on IRCnet for the Transvision conference. As often happens with these things I ran into some technical difficulties at the last minute, the only IRCnet server that allowed connections from north america disappeared and was replaced by another that wouldn't allow the bot to connect. I found another server that worked for awhile but it too booted the SLacker bot at the end of the first day of the conference. I set up another bot on a #tv06 channel on lucifer.com as a backup, but then the first bot worked. Having the two IRC bots running had the interesting side effect that all traffic from #transvision on IRCnet was relayed through Second Life to the #tv06 channel on lucifer.com which happened to also have a loglady bot running. The upshot is that we now have logs of all the chat traffic for day 2 and 3 of the conference 
« Last Edit: 2006-08-19 18:26:08 by David Lucifer » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: