logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-23 21:30:36 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2005

Making Noise in Berkeley...!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Making Noise in Berkeley...!  (Read 854 times)
deadletter-j
Initiate

Rate deadletter-j

How many Engstrom's does it take?

View Profile E-Mail
Making Noise in Berkeley...!
« on: 2005-10-15 11:45:12 »

Hey, all! I've been doing what I promised to do... I finished teaching last year and began travelling around, doing information experiments.

I'm trying to get the attention of a particular Berkeley professor, George Lakoff, by staging a noise game on Berkeley campus.

Phase one involved putting the dead letter logo on signs, which were subtlely placed around campus, watching people trying to figure out where the signs were from, what did they 'mean', etc.

Yesterday, we finally gave the system a place where it could come get information - a focal point for that built up angst.

And, in keeping with the theory, the information, which can be metaphorically thought of as being broadcast 'out' from me, has begun finding other nodes, where the people discuss their experience, and bring the information back together...

http://www.livejournal.com/community/ucberkeley

has had 2 posts with 60 comments!

I'm looking around online for other places where I could discover online communities trying to parse their experience in relation to this information insertion, if you have any ideas.

Next, I'll introduce the Church of the Virus Ideohazard Symbol into the sets of signs... see if there is any awareness.

Love!

:-b
Report to moderator   Logged

Hijacking everything ever knew about anything.
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: