logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-18 22:06:40 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Society & Culture

George Bush, Sex and the Pre-teen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: George Bush, Sex and the Pre-teen  (Read 734 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
George Bush, Sex and the Pre-teen
« on: 2009-06-01 05:28:19 »

Teens: Oral Sex and Casual Prostitution No Biggie

Teens in Documentary Say Oral Sex 'Not That Big of a Deal' and Get Paid for Sexual Favors

[ Hermit : The Bush Era's anti-sex-education campaign has brought forth much fruit. Brace yourselves for this fruity bit and even more so for the reaction. So ABC News will whip up fear and panic, and more kids will be "protected" from themselves by being arrested, jailed, etc. A little like Ben Tre, where a US Major explained to Peter Arnett that, "We had to destroy the village in order to save it." Well done America. Meanwhile, and we look at history, say at a widely supposed to have been "chaste" era,  "If respectability was forced upon middle-class children, it was only because their parents knew that the world outside their homes was not respectable at all. The legal age of consent was 12 years, and eight year old prostitutes could be 'had' for the price of a meat pie." (cf "Sex in Victorian London", 1993, infra) we find that neither the activities, not the ages are unique to today, though the moralists of that era could be quite as hysterical and apoplectic as any modern American. ]

Source: ABC News
Authors: Claire Shipman, Cole Kazdin
Dated: 2009-05-28
Video Report: ABC TV
Related:
They don't give their names, but viewers can see their faces plainly and what these teens are saying is shocking parents. [ Hermit : Only the idiots ]

Pre-teens and teens are engaging in sexual activity at an earlier age.

"I ended up having sex with more than one person that night and then in the morning I was trying to get morning-after pills," one of the girls said. "I was, like, 14 at the time."

It's just one of dozens of stories from teenage girls in a new documentary by Canadian filmmaker Sharlene Azam that aims to shed light on the secret, extremely sexual lives of today's teens.

Have a question about teens and oral sex? Click here and Claire Shipman may answer online. Also check out Claire Shipman's blog by clicking here.

After four years researching for the documentary, Azam told "Good Morning America" that oral sex is as common as kissing Hermit : Read this aticle. I really hope the HPV vaccine is effective against this mode. If you know a girl or woman who has not yet had an HPV vaccine, make sure she understands that getting one may well save their lives. ] is as common as kissing for teens and that casual prostitution -- being paid at parties to strip, give sexual favors or have sex -- is far more commonplace than once believed. [ Hermit : To be brutal, most parents and their parents also engage in "casual prostitution"  they just don't call it that. ]

"If you talk to teens [about oral sex] they'll tell you it's not a big deal," Azam said. "In fact, they don't consider it sex. They don't consider a lot of things sex."

Evidence of this casual attitude may be seen in the fact that more than half of all teens 15 to 19 years old have engaged in oral sex, according to a comprehensive 2005 study by the Centers for Disease Control's National Center for Health Statistics. [ Hermit : Which points to exactly how out of synch with reality US law and perceptions are. As with drug use, where more than half of all Americans are apparently criminals. so too, more than half of Americans under the age of 15 are breaking not just laws about music piracy, but also about sex. And as we saw in the recent article about "sexting", are going to jail in ever increasing numbers for it. ]

Oral Sex Is the New Goodnight Kiss'

In the documentary, "Oral Sex Is the New Goodnight Kiss," girls as young as 11 years old talk about having sex, going to sex parties and -- in some extreme situations -- crossing into prostitution by exchanging sexual favors for money, clothes or even homework and then still arriving home in time for dinner with the family.

"Five minutes and I got $100," one girl said. "If I'm going to sleep with them, anyway, because they're good-looking, might as well get paid for it, right?"

Another girl talked about being offered $20 to take off her shirt or $100 to do a striptease on a table at a party.

The girls are almost always from good homes, but their parents are completely unaware, Azam said. [ Hermit : Perhaps they are not "completely" unaware, but "legally unaware", on the grounds that "legal awareness" might well result in the parents engaging in criminal behaviour for not turning their children in (!), ending up being charged with  criminal endangerment (as the mother of a 13 year old boy Who was already engaging in unprotected sex was when she supplied him with condoms), or risking having their chioldren being grabbed by "protective services" (yeah right). If you do not worry about these things, you either do not live in the USA, do not have chioldren, or have no imagination. ]

"The prettiest girls from the most successful families [are the most at risk]. We're not talking about marginalized girls," she said. "[Parents] don't want to know because they really don't know what to do. I mean, you might be prepared to learn that, at age 12, your daughter has had sex, but what are you supposed to do when your daughter has traded her virginity for $1,000 or a new bag?" [ Hermit : Slap yourself. She should have been aware of and maybe working towards the $3.5 million value awarded to virginity in this messed up culture. It would also be good if she understands the health-risks of not preferring alternative behaviours, like masturbation and hand jobs, until a bit later in life, and and wearing a condom  for oral "sex" even if it is not perceived as "real sex" at all. ]

Sex Favors Traded for Relationship Stability

For some of the girls, the sexual favors are not about clothes or money, but used to keep a relationship together in a chillingly objective way. [ Hermit : And once again, the same is true of their parents - and nobody seems to be shocked or even surprised about that. ]

"I think there's very much trading for relationship favors, almost like 'you need to do this [to] stay in this relationship,'" one girl told "Good Morning America."

"There's a lot of social pressure," said another. "Especially because of our age, a lot of girls want to be in a relationship and they're willing to do anything."

The girls laughingly admitted they never talk to their parents about their sexual activity.

"I mean, we're not looking for our future husbands," one girl said. "We're just looking for, maybe like ... at our age, especially, I think all of us, both sexes, we have a lot of urges, I guess, that need to be taken care of. So if we resort to a casual thing, no strings attached, it's perfectly fine."

Azam said she thinks the "no strings attached" romances could be a defense mechanism against a greater disappointment.

"A lot of girls are disappointed in love," she said. "And I think they believe they can hook up the way guys do and not care.

"But unfortunately, they do care." [ Hermit : Non sequitur? Edited article? ]

Sex in Victorian London

While I would not personally choose to live in a "chaste" society, if Red Davis had a little more knowledge of history, he would probably not have described the Victorian period as "a time when people were basically decent, honest, and chaste." I am not certain that such an era has ever existed, but I am certain that the Victorian era was anything but!

References such as:
    Logan, The great social evil
    Greenwood, The seven curses of London
    Mayhew, London Labour and the London Poor
and even anecdotal evidence as found in publications such as:
    Walter, My secret life (Kinsey Institute, U Indiana)
and other publications by:
    Carrington et al
indicate a very different environment.

In 1861, the population of London and its surrounds was about 2.8 million. There were more women than males (who went off fighting wars), and some (about a third) of these would have been too young to be customers for the sexual industry (though, not, perhaps, too young to be suppliers), so we can conservatively estimate that there were about 850 thousand potential male clientèle. Estimates of the number of active prostitutes (made at the time) indicate a population in excess of 80 thousand sex-trade workers.

This of course excludes the veritable army of enthusiastic amateurs. This yields a ratio of at least one whore per 10 men.

Lord Palmerston, Foreign Secretary and Prime Minister of England, horrified Queen Victoria, when he burst into the room of one of her ladies in waiting. He had mistaken her room for that of his mistress in the dark.

Lord Randolf Churchill, the rising hope of the Tory party died of Syphilis at 46.

Gladstone, another Prime Minister, "philanthropised" among the whores of London, yet "never contemplated 'rescuing' any ugly women."

And so on.

Even in the Times, staid as it is today, reported affairs such as the debacle between the Earl of Cardigan and Lord William Paget over the doing over of Paget's wife in scintillating and sometimes, as in the case
of the Duke of Brunswick's penchant for buggery, scatological detail.

It was not just the wealthy upper class that was involved in such doings. Mayhew said, "Female servants are far from being a virtuous class" and elsewhere reports "there ain't ten out of a hundred gals what's been married Church of England fashion... I've often heard the boy's boasting of having ruined gals, for all the world as if they was the finest noblemen in the land."

If respectability was forced upon middle-class children, it was only because their parents knew that the world outside their homes was not respectable at all. The legal age of consent was 12 years, and eight year old prostitutes could be "had" for the price of a meat pie.

As Sheryl explained Death was a frequent visitor after what would be classed as minor diseases today. The average age of death was around forty - for men. Women tended to run more risks, as childbearing was an hazardous occupation made worse by a lack of basic asepsis and puerpal fever was a frequent visitor at birth with invariably fatal consequences. Cholera was endemic in all major cities.

Taking slight issue with Sheryl, the duello was an historical artifact (at least in "civilized" Victorian England), but a violent death could be had at almost any time during Victoria's reign in any one of innumerable "small" wars that seemed to be an enduring landmark of the period.

Aside from this, more than 20 tons of dung was removed from the streets of London on a daily basis, a consequence of vast traffic jams of horse-drawn vehicles. Smog, as any reader of Sherlock Holmes could tell you, was a fearsome pollution blanket lurking over all population centers. No vacuum cleaners, femidoms or washing machines enlivened household chores.

For a women, the Victorian age must have been bleak indeed. For men, it can have been little better. No. I don't think I would have enjoyed that time.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-01 13:52:47 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: