logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 07:45:16 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Society & Culture

A message from (almost) beyond the grave?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: A message from (almost) beyond the grave?  (Read 831 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
A message from (almost) beyond the grave?
« on: 2009-04-05 00:48:45 »

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/salazarluislast.htm

Date of Execution:
March 11, 2009

Offender:
Salazar, Luis Cervantes

Last Statement:

"Yes, I do. Thank you for your friendship Reverend Whiteside and thank you for your fellowship. God help me to say this statement correctly.

I would like to say goodbye to mom and my brother, brother, sister, Chelsea, Danny, Johnny, Tito and Sylvia. My heart goes is going ba bump ba bump ba bump.*  I love my children, Roxanne, Roseanne, Melissa, and Louis. I miss them; I will take them with me in my heart. I will keep them in my heart. Thank you Mrs. Dyson for praying for me and everyone that has been praying for me. God loves everybody and myself. I can't say this correctly. Let's see. That's all right. I guess that's it. Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed by thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen. Lord Jesus forgive of my sins, please forgive me for the sins that I can remember."

* [Bl.] Is this a code of some sort - Morse perhaps? A secret signal to someone outside the death chamber? Or are these the simple last words of a terrified man? The condemned seemed very concerned that his statement be precise but the statement itself was not very complicated at all. Hmm.

Comments?

« Last Edit: 2009-04-05 00:51:28 by Blunderov » Report to moderator   Logged
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Re: A message from (almost) beyond the grave?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-05 02:30:46 »

Like most of those killed by the great state of Texas (along with most other Southern States) , I suspect that this victims IQ was below room temperature  (go through the list of death row inmates and executed on that site seeing the years of education to see what I mean).

Kindest Regards
Hermit & Co
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re: A message from (almost) beyond the grave?
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-05 05:47:59 »

Quote from: Hermit on 2009-04-05 02:30:46   

Like most of those killed by the great state of Texas (along with most other Southern States) , I suspect that this victims IQ was below room temperature  (go through the list of death row inmates and executed on that site seeing the years of education to see what I mean).

[Blunderov] Thank you Hermit. Of course that must be it. Precious few on death row have any college education. Some manage to educate themselves while incarcerated I've heard but it's pretty much too late by then - especially in Texas.

I'm happy to see New Mexico has repealed the death penalty. But I'm less happy to note that currently one of the most persuasive arguments against the death penalty in general seems to be the expense thereof.  This, it seems to me, is not morally much different from the callous indifference to human fallibility and prejudice which pertains with the death penalty in place. The flip side of the coin, that justice has a price, seems likewise improper.

The same applies to the War on Drugs. It appears quite hopeful that this very argument from economics might just prevail now. There's a lot of chatter on the net about it.) But really the issue should be, or so it seems to me, about whether free people have the right to alter their own states of consciousness at their own discretion.

My feelings are somewhat mixed about all this; the real issues are not addressed - and this does not bode well - but I suppose I would prefer good changes even if they are for bad reasons.

Best Regards.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: