logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 07:55:59 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Society & Culture

PETA's Thanksgiving
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: PETA's Thanksgiving  (Read 536 times)
de Valois
Neophyte

applefori
View Profile E-Mail
PETA's Thanksgiving
« on: 2008-11-30 11:22:19 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Report to moderator   Logged
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:PETA's Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-30 21:07:19 »

Hello de Valois,

My balanced diet includes meat (I have locally grown and slaughter Black Angus in the freezer).

Dogmatic believe of any kind disturbs me. I have seen no well researched and documented evidence that eating dead animals is bad.

On the other hand, in contradiction I have a great deal of trouble with abuse of animals of the 4 legged or 2 legged kind.
Quote:
[de Valois]<snip>They're extremists and I find it horribly unhealthy for society to follow them and agree with their "facts"<snip>

I'm with you on that statement.

If on the other hand all the PETA energy would go into a sustainable distributed rearing and slaughtering of farm animals, North America would be a safer healthier place, I think anyway.

For the record; currently 80% of all meat is processed in 4 slaughter houses which means statistically 1 pound of ground beef has around 1000 cows in it. Managing food contamination is almost impossible in the centralized model like this.

I hope you enjoy hanging around CoV. I'm sure the 'High Priests of CoV' will say hello.

Cheers

Fritz
« Last Edit: 2008-11-30 21:09:12 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
letheomaniac
Archon

Rate letheomaniac

View Profile E-Mail
Re:PETA's Thanksgiving
« Reply #2 on: 2008-12-03 13:09:10 »

[letheomaniac] I reckon that if I wasn't evolved to consume meat, I would not be in possession of the appropriate teeth. I do however think that perhaps we consume a bit too much meat (myself included), so a couple of vegetarian dinners a week is probably a good idea. I also think that the charring and and consumption of large quantities of meat is, as far as I can establish, the only thing that all the various disparate cultural groups of South Africa have in common, so I approve of it in terms of what they like to call 'national unity' over here. I prefer to think of it as plain old common ground, a good thing to have with ones neighbours, I feel.
Report to moderator   Logged

"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: