logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-16 13:34:05 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Society & Culture

Avoiding People
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Avoiding People  (Read 552 times)
Bass
Magister

Rate Bass

I'm a llama!

View Profile
Avoiding People
« on: 2007-08-15 15:45:40 »

This isn't really an intellectually enlightening thread, but more of a Virian perspective/chat thread type... thing.

Anyway.

I was just thinking last night about how there are people out there who just seem to avoid you know matter what the differences in people are. This got me wondering are their certain type of personalities that clash or is it more or less their interests, appearance, social status, etc...

So anyway what I am asking are what are the type of people you try to avoid and a detailed reason on what you do not like about those type of people. Also when you do have to deal with them how do you treat them?

I guess I'll go first.

I avoid the overly religious preachers as well. I mean I respect their religion but I generally get annoyed with people who have to thank God for every single thing I bring up. In fact last night, when I got a couple last minute groceries, there was this scraggly looking guy behind me remarking how much pasta I was getting and wondering what I was making. Somehow when I said "they're 69 cents" he goes into some religious rant of what he was doing in 1969. Could hardly understand where he was going. He finally went all patriotic saying, "America's such a great country we get to practice whatever religion we want..."

I really stumped the guy by saying "Nuh-uh, New Zealand is SUCH a better country than ours!" Damn hobo didn't even know where NZ was.

Aside from that there's some people that I avoid because I get an uncomfortable feeling about them in my gut. Even though I can never quite put my finger on them, they have a certain mannerism that's just not normal and gets on my nerves. Like on girl at my work. She's as nice and polite as can be... but she says the strangest things. And even though I like nice and polite, she does it in a very "off" kind of way, similar to that mom on those Netflix commercials.

Aside from that, I don't like "socially retarded" people where they say or do things that are rude or just socially taboo without really realizing what they're doing.

Comments welcome. So how about you guys?

« Last Edit: 2007-08-15 15:46:37 by Bass » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: