logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-23 23:57:00 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Virian Book Club

BookTalk.org
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: BookTalk.org  (Read 875 times)
Mermaid
Archon

Rate Mermaid

Bite me!

View Profile
BookTalk.org
« on: 2005-06-06 07:29:46 »

I have discussed this place on the net before with some of the virians. It is a wonderful place where books are discussed and sometimes, the authors are invited for chat sessions. Some of the authors who have been invited include Matt Ridley, Steven Pinker and yes..Richard Dawkins. I urge everyone to take a look.

And oh..their ezboard pages have been hacked recently. The geeks among us, please feel free to offer Chris unsolicited advice.

begin cut...
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Mean people suck...is the message of the day.

It appears the entire EZ Board system has been hacked and extensively damaged by a malicious person or persons. If you've been to our FORUMS page you have seen the damage. We may have lost a tremendous amount of posts from our boards.

I'm going to copy and paste the messages EZ Board is giving to us administrators so you are all aware of the current status and efforts to restore all lost data. But please help me with something folks. I'd like to get our message boards the hell of the EZ Board system and onto a higher quality and more secure system. This nightmare is not acceptable and cannot happen again. If you have suggestions on better message board systems please email me links and information to Chris@booktalk.org so I can research your suggestions. I'm not looking for free message boards. I want a high quality secure forum that includes a chat room. Your help would be appreciated!

end paste.

www.booktalk.org
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: