logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-19 09:08:57 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2003

Metalogy: Why the Afterlife is tempting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Metalogy: Why the Afterlife is tempting  (Read 1033 times)
metahuman
Anarch

Rate metahuman

MetaVirian
View Profile WWW E-Mail
Metalogy: Why the Afterlife is tempting
« on: 2003-11-10 14:17:53 »

Having just awaken from a "dream" in which I  had ascended to a form of energy (much like the Stargate Ancients) and of which I could not aid Humans in any significant way (or else "the others" would have forced me back to a mortal state of being), I can honestly say that the concept of an Afterlife (or even of a Lord Protector God) is a very tempting proposition.

It was through another metahuman that I had learned that Earth would be ending prematurely by "great floods" due to some stellar storm that was to wreak its havoc on this lonely planet. Weeks later (in the dream) the news media had been announcing the end of the world is near. This is a sign when you know your dream has gone mad since the news media rarely tells the absolute truth. The skies had been getting darker each time I peered out the window of my house (of course, in my dream my family and I were living in a huge Roman-style mansion). The Sun and the Moon were visible at all times, but were strangely discolored and almost seemed to be broken.

This was Earth of the future where major cities as we know them day covered vast areas and were protected by huge biodomes (much like in the video game "Chrono Trigger"). The last vision in my dream showed a map, or what it seemed like, it may have been what "I" saw as I escaped the destruction because of my deitish attributes. Meteors were striking the Earth at a very rapid rate, the ocean was covering the land with tremendous Tsunamis, and yet the people of Earth were nearly silent. There was little screaming. It seemed as if everyone had accepted their fate and carried the philosophy "there's nothing I can do about it so I guess it'll just happen."

My last thoughts before I escaped the chaos were of my family, my last moments with him, making sure to hug my dad one last time, spend a little time with my mother and sister, and explain to my family that I am a metahuman and that I cannot bring them with me for my sake and for the sake of future life should the Humans survive such a natural disaster. The latter part was an extra to help them rationalize. However, I did give them the choice of whether I should stay on Earth to perish with them or to ascend without them.

I learned from this dream that death is not something to be feared. As it is now, it is the inevitable end stage of life. What we fear is not death, but rather the idea of just not being--of not existing at all. We fear non-existence and rightly so. We are a very bored species. We are developed on a world where we cannot find a "true meaning of life" or a "truly meaningful life" despite our attempts to create such things. We have sought out jobs which are merely things to do to get by. Money, games, etc. are all things to help us progress and move on with our dreary lives. This leads to nowhere except the end result of living: dying and then death.

The idea that there is an Afterlife is comforting to those who are seriously afraid of non-existence. It would be nice if there were such a thing, but sadly, we have no such evidence to help the idea become reality because let's face it, the Afterlife is an alternate reality--a reality beyond death.

Still the idea that a Lord Protector God watches over the Earth is tempting for in a situation like in my "dream", you'd want something to stop the chaos... just something to keep you from non-existence. However, in this dream the "Lord Protectors" were the metahumans who were so bureaucratized that even in an annihilation of all Humans scenario they could not help. It was their--or our--fear of non-existence as well that made us immovable on this issue. I could have stopped the destruction by using my powers, but I would have been banished to a mortal state (like in an episode of Stargate where Sean Patrick Flanery plays a banished Ancient because he helped a civilization build a weapon that they used to destroy all their enemies and eventually themselves). And going from immortality and the power to do anything for myself to mortality is a big demotion.

I think my next dream will be based in space, in the metahuman city ("Amarath", "Amath", "Amaraith", "Amawrath", "Amaranth"; something like that), or on another planet where we discuss the failure of our own government to protect our origins and the beings that we "harvest" for newborn metahumans. ;p
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: