logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-24 03:14:06 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Open for business: The CoV Store!

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Church Doctrine

The Curse of Faith
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: The Curse of Faith  (Read 4763 times)
Walter Watts
Archon

Rate Walter Watts

Just when I thought I was out-they pull me back in

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:The Curse of Faith
« Reply #15 on: 2009-08-17 22:44:36 »

Quote from: MoEnzyme on 2009-08-15 22:11:14   

<snip>

I'm intrigued with your direction on this. As for your doubts. . . I dunno. You could monitor quite a lot without stepping into the minds of any creatures you inadvertently create. A simple monitoring of medical/biological measurements could tell you a lot more about their well being than any one human super genius could process assuming he/she/it cared in the first place.

I think you might be inadvertently attributing omniscience to this anthropomorphism where its unnecessary. Personally I just think of it as a creator first and foremost since creation is a phenomenon many humans can understand without having to be omniscient about its results. While some humans may desire omniscience, I've never met one to actually achieve it with or without artificial help, so I tend to leave it out of my anthropomorphisms. Perhaps the god thingy knows a lot, maybe even more than your or me, but omniscience is too high an expectation for any human or anthropomorphism as far as I'm concerned.

<snip>

Love ya dude,

-Mo

Hey Bro.

I've given my views some reconsideration after your reply and you're absolutely right.

I am guilty of "inadvertently attributing omniscience to this anthropomorphism where its unnecessary".

That's why I still hang out in this "sacred" place (CoV) after almost ten years.
Folks like yourself (and many others here) make me a better person. 

Down with dogmatism!

Love ya too dude,

Walter
Report to moderator   Logged

Walter Watts
Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.

No one gets to see the Wizard! Not nobody! Not no how!
Pages: 1 [2] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: