logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-19 02:24:42 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Church Doctrine

Vision
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Vision  (Read 1251 times)
Lee
Neophyte

Oh hell...

View Profile
Vision
« on: 2005-04-18 00:54:21 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Report to moderator   Logged

Lee
Konetzin
Magister

Rate Konetzin

I'm a llama!

View Profile E-Mail
Re:Vision
« Reply #1 on: 2007-06-24 22:09:24 »

Personally, I think what you are talking about refers more to an internal drive rather than the CoV lexicon usage of vision, which is more about thinking far outside the box.  However, I believe that thinking so far outside the box is impossible without a strong internal drive, since one has to be motivated to reach such a level of philosophical insight.  It cannot even be given by a teacher if the student is apathetic, because it is not just knowledge but also a different and more complex way of thinking.  The other way around is not necessarily true, since one can possibly be driven to a very specific goal without every considering the wide implications of it.  Anyhow, I'll get on to commenting on your definition now.

I have an internal drive to do something, anything significant.. call it vision, call it ambition, call it anything.  I just can't be at peace without feeling that I am getting closer to some important goal I have set for myself.  But vision is also dangerous without reason, because cults and religions seek to recruit people like me by providing a clear purpose for us to follow.  For apathetic types, other recruiting methods are clearly necessary.  The apathetic ones who do not operate on abstract principles still operate on principles such as hunger and thirst and other types of pleasure, otherwise they would not survive.  Your type of vision is good, but it must be accompanied by reason, because one with vision but no reason is much more dangerous than one with neither vision nor reason.

But sometimes I wish I could just let go of vision... it is a quality that can cause painful restlessness to oneself, once in a while, if there is too much of it.  It is as much of a virtue as feeling pain then, but while pain drives us backward from that which harms us, vision drives us forward to that which can help us.
« Last Edit: 2007-06-24 22:10:21 by Konetzin » Report to moderator   Logged
ViralMadonna
Neophyte

Do not dispute with dragons, for you are tasty!

View Profile
Re:Vision
« Reply #2 on: 2007-08-19 11:08:27 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

« Last Edit: 2007-08-19 11:14:42 by ViralMadonna » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: