logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-20 08:07:23 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Evolution and Memetics

In Evolution Debate, Creationists Are Breaking "New Ground"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: In Evolution Debate, Creationists Are Breaking "New Ground"  (Read 1240 times)
Fox
Archon

Rate Fox

Never underestimate the odds.

View Profile
« on: 2006-09-02 13:56:19 »

Fox: An old article here, but quite horrific none the less. Apparently creationists claim that they are "taking" the dinosaurs "back" and their arguments here for their beliefs sound even more asinine then usual, e.g The Cambrian Explosion, ect.

Where exactly are they taking them back from? Science? (better yet, when did they ever "have" them, where exactly are dinosaurs described in the bible?, but give it a thousand years and I'm sure they will be there, yet more evidential exploitation). Creationists describe this as a "battle" to "recognize the science in the revealed "truth" of God", but what battle are they on about? their claims are based on pseudoscience at best, not to mention self-convenience.

As I see it, their apologies (not arguments since they are not even worth that) from a scientific point of view, are not a battle against science as they claim (they lost that battle long ago) no this has become pest control!

It never fails to amaze me that it is okay for a creationist to accept scientific evidence when it suits him, but suggest something which goes against his belief system and BOOM! your wrong and going to hell for blasphemy. All in all I would sum such people, who proclaim such testimony (again and again just using different words and apologies in a horrid attempt to make people more logical then them to succumb to their ignorance), in Argumentum ad nauseam.

Author: Michael Powell
Source:Washington Post Staff Writer
Dated: September 25, 2005

Museum Dedicated to Biblical Interpretation Of the World Is Being Built Near Cincinnati

PETERSBURG, Ky. -- The guide, a soft-spoken fellow with a scholarly aspect, walks through the halls of this handsome, half-finished museum and points to the sculpture of a young velociraptor.

"We're placing this one in the hall that explains the post-Flood world," explains the guide. "When dinosaurs lived with man."

A reporter has a question or two about this dinosaur-man business, but Mark Looy -- the guide and a vice president at the museum -- already has walked over to the lifelike head of a T. rex, with its three-inch teeth and carnivore's grin.

"We call him our 'missionary lizard,' " Looy says. "When people realize the T. rex lived in Eden, it will lead us to a discussion of the gospel. The T. rex once was a vegetarian, too."

The nation's largest museum devoted to the alternative reality that is biblical creation science is rising just outside Cincinnati. Set amid a park and three-acre artificial lake, the 50,000-square-foot museum features animatronic dinosaurs, state-of-the-art models and graphics, and a half-dozen staff scientists. It holds that the world and the universe are but 6,000 years old and that baby dinosaurs rode in Noah's ark.

The $25 million Creation Museum stands much of modern science on its head and might cause a paleontologist or three to rend their garments. But officials expect to attract hundreds of thousands of visitors when the museum opens in early 2007.

"Evolutionary Darwinists need to understand we are taking the dinosaurs back," says Kenneth Ham, president of Answers in Genesis-USA, which is building the museum. "This is a battle cry to recognize the science in the revealed truth of God."

"Intelligent design," the theory that the machinery of life is so complex as to require the hand -- subtle or not -- of an intelligent creator, has stolen the media thunder of late. This week a trial will begin in federal court in Pennsylvania, in which 11 parents accuse the Dover school board of violating the separation of church and state by requiring high school biology teachers to read a statement in class that intelligent design is an alternative explanation of life's origins.

Most scientists dismiss intelligent design as flawed science, and they fear cultural conservatives intend it as a religious wedge. The small band of scientists who promote intelligent design retort that theirs is a scientific inquiry, albeit with theistic implications.

But by any measure, Young Earth Creationism -- which holds that the Bible is the literal word of God and that He created the universe in seven days-- has a more powerful hold on the beliefs of Americans than evolutionary theory or intelligent design. That grip grows stronger by the year.

Polls taken last year showed that 45 percent of Americans believe that God created humans in their present form 10,000 years ago (or less) and that man shares no common ancestor with the ape. Only 26 percent believe in the central tenet of evolution, that all life descended from a single ancestor.

Another poll showed that 65 percent of Americans want creationism taught alongside evolution.

Fox: Dear O Dear
« Last Edit: 2006-09-02 14:11:58 by White Fox » Report to moderator   Logged

I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. - Gatsu
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:In Evolution Debate, Creationists Are Breaking "New Ground"
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-02 16:06:18 »

Quote from: White Fox on 2006-09-02 13:56:19   

...Mark Looy -- the guide and a vice president at the museum -- already has walked over to the lifelike head of a T. rex, with its three-inch teeth and carnivore's grin.

"We call him our 'missionary lizard,' " Looy says. "When people realize the T. rex lived in Eden, it will lead us to a discussion of the gospel. The T. rex once was a vegetarian, too."...

[Blunderov] Even with that dentition? Difficult to prong a potatoe with that cutlery I would say. Or did those fearsome fangs and mandibles of death perhaps (gasp) evolve?

I once came upon a CD in a bargain bin the title of which I will never forget; " Too fat to run, too stupid to hide." In my more nihilistic moments it seems to me a fair description of our species. (Present company excepted of course.)

Best regards.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: