logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-18 11:02:39 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Humor & Satire

Miss Universe rates Gitmo as a 'relaxing place, so calm & beautiful'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Miss Universe rates Gitmo as a 'relaxing place, so calm & beautiful'  (Read 899 times)
letheomaniac
Archon

Rate letheomaniac

View Profile E-Mail
Miss Universe rates Gitmo as a 'relaxing place, so calm & beautiful'
« on: 2009-03-31 11:55:07 »

[letheomaniac]It's appalling, but true - this woman really does think Guantanamo Bay is a great place to hang out. Either that or April the 1st has come a little earlier than expected this year.

Source: http://www.missuniverse.com/missuniverse/blog.php
Author: Dayana Mendoza
Dated: 27/3/2009

Guantanamo Bay

This week, Guantanamo!!! It was an incredible experience.
We arrived in Gitmo on Friday and stared going around the town, everybody knew Crystle and I were coming so the first thing we did was attend a big lunch and then we visited one of the bars they have in the base. We talked about Gitmo and what is was like living there. The next days we had a wonderful time, this truly was a memorable trip! We hung out with the guys from the East Coast and they showed us the boat inside and out, how they work and what they do, we took a ride around the land and it was a loooot of fun!
We also met the Military dogs, and they did a very nice demonstration of their skills. All the guys from the Army were amazing with us.
We visited the Detainees camps and we saw the jails, where they shower, how the recreate themselves with movies, classes of art, books. It was very interesting.
We took a ride with the Marines around the land to see the division of Gitmo and Cuba while they were informed us with a little bit of history.
The water in Guantanamo Bay is soooo beautiful! It was unbelievable, we were able to enjoy it for at least an hour. We went to the glass beach, and realized the name of it comes from the little pieces of broken glass from hundred of years ago. It is pretty to see all the colors shining with the sun. That day we met a beautiful lady named Rebeca who does wonders with the glasses from the beach. She creates jewelry with it and of course I bought a necklace from her that will remind me off Guantanamo Bay
I didn't want to leave, it was such a relaxing place, so calm and beautiful.
I was back in NY on Wednesday and on Thursday I did some paper work at the office and went out for dinner. On Friday I flew to Miami for the weekend because I had a photo shoot for the magazine People en Espanol. So hopefully I might be a little lucky and have some time off to take the sun for a while

Posted by Dayana
Report to moderator   Logged

"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Miss Universe rates Gitmo as a 'relaxing place, so calm & beautiful'
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-31 13:46:38 »

[Fritz]She is Clearly not in Kansas anymore; could someone pass the beer nuts and tell what happened to Toto , ..... most disturbing is Dayana is happy and I'm bitter and cynical. Wonder if a skimpy black dress and heels would help my mood ?

[url]http://www.missuniverse.com/missuniverse/blog.php?subaction=showfull&id=1237592148&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&[url]

March 20, 2009 return to main page Miami Fashion Week & Guantanamo Bay

This week I did some paper work at the office, and on Wednesday I went to a Latin club, were Jorge Villamizar(the Bacilos's singer) was playing, so I got to meet all the guys from the band, and we took some great pictures! They were very nice. I had a great time it was fun to listen to Latin music for a while. The next day we were flying to Miami for Fashion Week, and so I did interviews for CNN en Espanol, and for some South American networks. I was soooo happy first of all because I saw my friends from Miami, and second of all cause I spoke Spanish the whole time !!!!. Patricia Manterola was also there, it was such an honor to meet her and see how humble and nice see is. We all walked on the runway for Nicolas Felizola, a great Venezuelan designer. I was wearing a Wedding dress! (I still hope to get married one day hahaha) It was gorgeous!!! Nicolas was amazing to us. We had fun doing it, thanks Nicolas !!!! On Friday, we left for Jacksonville for one night because the next day we were going to Guantanamo, Cuba!!!! Wow, my job is amazing!!!! I love it, I let you guys know next week how Guantanamo was .... Muah!

Posted by Dayana

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
letheomaniac
Archon

Rate letheomaniac

View Profile E-Mail
Re:Miss Universe rates Gitmo as a 'relaxing place, so calm & beautiful'
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-01 06:57:35 »

DM:
Quote:
Wow, my job is amazing!!!!
[letheomaniac] Yeah, you're saving the world, one pair of Jimmy Choo's at a time. Go girl! Where would we be without you?

"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: