logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-03-29 05:53:09 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Trinity Broadcasting Network - widespread embezzlement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Trinity Broadcasting Network - widespread embezzlement  (Read 1204 times)
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Trinity Broadcasting Network - widespread embezzlement
« on: 2012-03-27 18:37:38 »

It is surely hard to believe doG fearing folk could rot thus.

Cheers

Fritz

World’s Largest Christian TV Channel Emboiled In Fraud, Embezzlement, Sex Scandals

Source: DisInformation
Author: JacobSloan
Date: 2012.03.27

To sum up, the network’s founders are accused of stealing millions of dollars which they spent on private jets, mansions, and covering up  sex scandals. The Guardian reports:

The California-based Trinity Broadcasting Network has become embroiled in a multimillion-dollar financial scandal after allegations of widespread embezzlement. The network, which claims to broadcast in every continent except the Antarctic and has 18,000 affiliates, was set up by Paul Crouch in the 1970s and preaches a “prosperity gospel” which promises material rewards to those who give generously.

The claims describe exorbitant spending on mansions in California, Tennessee and Florida, Paul Crouch obtaining a $50m luxury jet for his personal use through a “sham loan”, while church funds – many of which come from donations during its “Praise-a-thons” – paid for a $100,000 mobile home to house the dogs of Crouch’s flamboyant wife, Janice.

Directors of the network are also accused of misusing funds to cover up sex scandals, including the alleged “cover-up and destruction of evidence concerning a bloody sexual assault involving Trinity Broadcasting and affiliated Holy Land Experience employees; the cover-up of director Janice Crouch’s affair with a staff member at the Holy Land Experience; the cover-up of director Paul Crouch’s use of Trinity Broadcasting funds to pay for a legal settlement with Enoch Lonnie Ford (a former TBN employee who said he had a homosexual affair with [founder] Paul Crouch)”.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-27 18:37:56 by Fritz » Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Trinity Broadcasting Network - widespread embezzlement
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-27 23:16:37 »

Honestly is anyone the least bit surprised by this revelation?
Report to moderator   Logged
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Trinity Broadcasting Network - widespread embezzlement
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-28 20:49:42 »

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2012-03-27 23:16:37   

Honestly is anyone the least bit surprised by this revelation?

9 out of 10 Alter Boys say, "Not Surprised". The 10th shot himself.

The enigma to me is what Meme(s) will stop society from following the 'Sociopaths' off the cliff, time and time again. I wonder of anyone has done a personality profile of all the know leaders of anything, to see if in fact they tend to be Sociopaths and Psychopaths.

As my father always pointed out, "From the Kindergarten play ground to the UN, it has always been about power and not reason."

My observations over the years of employment, is that somewhere in the late 1980's a disproportionate number of upper management became, in my estimation, sociopaths. So was that me getting more cynical or did something happen. My colleagues all agreed with my observations.

Hmmmm ?

Fritz
Report to moderator   Logged

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: