logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 08:55:15 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the IRC chat feature.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Why Are Atheists So Angry?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Why Are Atheists So Angry?  (Read 696 times)
Blunderov
Archon

Rate Blunderov

"We think in generalities, we live in details"

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« on: 2006-11-30 02:19:34 »

[Blunderov] They have been lying to me since I was a child and punishing me in various ways for refusing to buy into it. Pent up rage? You bet.

TruthDig : Why are atheists so angry?

Posted on Nov 29, 2006

From Jewcy.com
[Edit]
Check out this great debate on Jewcy.com between Truthdig contributor Sam Harris and nationally syndicated radio host Dennis Prager, in which the two men square off via e-mail on questions of atheism and faith in America.

Jewcy:

Earlier this year, Newsweek religion columnist Marc Gellman confessed that atheists had lately befuddled him: “What I simply do not understand is why they are often so angry,” Gellman lamented. “I just don’t get it.”

Why are atheists so angry? Sam Harris and Dennis Prager inaugurate Jewcy’s “Big Question” series by arguing this very question. In the Big Question, passionate thinkers will debate the weightiest, most contentious issues of the day via e-mail.

A politician who seriously invokes Poseidon in a campaign speech will have thereby announced the end of his political career. Why is this so? Did someone around the time of Constantine discover that the pagan gods do not actually exist, while the biblical God does? Of course not. There are thousands of gods that were once worshipped with absolute conviction by men and women like ourselves, and yet we all now agree that they are rightly dead. An “atheist” is simply someone who thinks that the God of Abraham should be buried with the rest of these imaginary friends. I am quite sure that we need only use words like “reason,” “common sense,” “evidence,” and “intellectual honesty” to do the job.

Link
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: