logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-24 08:05:27 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Philosophy & Religion

Is this a sick joke?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Is this a sick joke?  (Read 689 times)
Fox
Archon

Rate Fox

Never underestimate the odds.

View Profile
Is this a sick joke?
« on: 2006-07-15 13:09:23 »

A disturbing memeplex

In some recent studies I've come across something which I found personally to be both disturbing and insensate. Going by the title "The Church of Euthanasia" (CoE) this "church" promulgates pericopae such as "Save the planet kill yourself" and "Thou shalt not procreate". It also "commends" what it calls "the four pillars" these being: suicide, abortion, cannibalism and sodomy. The church's website also previously had instructions on "how to kill yourself" by asphyxiation using helium. These pages were removed in 2003 after a 52-year-old woman used them to commit suicide. To read further on this (what I would call) "asinine ideal" you can find more Here and Here.

However, if you are easily nauseated, offended or made irascible I might suggest you go no further.

Fox
« Last Edit: 2006-07-15 14:30:32 by White Fox » Report to moderator   Logged

I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. - Gatsu
falcox
Adept

Rate falcox

View Profile
Re:Is this a sick joke?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-20 11:21:40 »

I saw this site before.. When I was in a college (not that long ago) we had a mandatory gen-ed course that had something to do with inter-personal communication (or something..)

We had to do a presentation on something controversial, in order to get a debate going of sorts. My group chose the topic of euthanasia in general, and during our research we came across this "Church".

We got an A-Grade for picking this subject in general, and for the presentation. We titled it "Save the planet, kill yourself", which as you mention was a tagline on the site. While reading through all the material I was as you were, very disturbed. I couldn't bring myself to understand just what in the heck they were trying to prove.

I would quite like to see the people that made this site, practice what they preach. There are alot more constructive ways to vent your frustrations with the industrial world...
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: