logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 05:22:22 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Announcements

Regularly scheduled chats begin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Regularly scheduled chats begin  (Read 1520 times)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Regularly scheduled chats begin
« on: 2003-01-12 15:40:17 »

Tues January 14th at 21:00 CST

on the #virus IRC channel.  You can get there from

http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=;action=chat

If you haven't done IRC or you haven't done IRC on this server, then I suggest dropping by anytime before the scheduled chat to familiarize yourself with the interface.

This will be our regularly scheduled time each week.  The chats will be logged by LogLady and the logs will be publicly visible from the same URL.  Plan on an hour, but it may carry on longer as the demand dictates, does anyone know what the natural lifespan of a scheduled chat is?  So far the topic for the 14th is pending.  Our First two scheduled chats discussed Church of Virus as a transhumanist religion, and the singularity, on  12/17 2100CST and 12/29 1200CST.  Shadow described these events as, "actually more fun than a barrel of monkeys."  I look forward to seeing you there.

Love,

-Jake
Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Chat topic teaser for 03.01.28 21:00 CST
« Reply #1 on: 2003-01-26 17:22:29 »

Irrationality. How/why is it? and How do we deal with it?

You can find our regular Tuesday chats at

http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=;action=chat

Attendance is picking up at these scheduled chats, and participation has been very good.  One of the side effects has been generally increased traffic at the #virus channel, and some spontaneously intelligent and interesting discussions even in the off scheduled time.  We have been having some discussions about starting a second regular time as well.

I look forward to your attendance. 

Love,

-Jake

Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Possible chat topics for 03.02.04 21:00 CST
« Reply #2 on: 2003-02-02 21:47:47 »

I haven't really settled on one topic, and I think we are therefore open to any compelling suggestions as well, so I will say this next chat topic will be a surprise.  I am going to see how that goes for a change of pace.

A few possibilities that have crossed my mind 1) UTism; is it ever reasonable? 2) Empathy and Reason, is one more important, or how can they work together? 3) The Columbia accident, and the CoV position re: NASA and space exploration?

Perhaps one of those or one that you come up with.  Please either post or Email suggestions to me.  And more importantly show up!  If there is a topic you want to talk about, we may entertain it.  We will just see what works with the people we get.

Love,

-Jake

Mo Enzyme

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: