logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-20 08:23:10 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

Wishes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Wishes  (Read 2041 times)
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Wishes
« on: 2009-01-01 11:25:19 »

Wishing all Virians a healthy, happy, joy filled and prosperous year

The Hermit Clan
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
DJ dAndroid
Archon

Rate DJ dAndroid

Ballet Mechanique

View Profile WWW
Re:Wishes
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-01 13:03:15 »

Yep, gratitude, good luck, and peace to the Virian tribe.

"There are some people, you know, who are too important to ever be forgotten."
— Clive Barker (Abarat, Book 1: Abarat)

Right, thus I keep returning and will in 2009 as well.

Shouldn't robots have the same right as humans to have gender and express their sexuality?
_Clayton Bailey_
http://www.claytonbailey.com/monrobot.htm
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-01 13:29:12 »

Best wishes to my extended Virian family! I'm looking forward to another year of mutual enlightenment. 

Quote:
  Doctor Manhattan: Thermodynamic miracles... events with odds against so astronomical they're effectively impossible, like oxygen spontaneously becoming gold. I long to observe such a thing.
  And yet, in each human coupling, a thousand million sperm vie for a single egg. Multiply those odds by countless generations, against the odds of your ancestors being alive; meeting; siring this precise son; that exact daughter... Until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you, that emerged. To distill so specific a form from that chaos of improbability, like turning air to gold... that is the crowning unlikelihood. The thermodynamic miracle.

Laurie Juspeczyk: But...if me, my birth, if that's a thermodynamic miracle... I mean, you could say that about anybody in the world!

Dr. Manhattan: Yes. Anybody in the world. ..But the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget... I forget. We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point. As if new, it may still take our breath away. Come...dry your eyes. For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home.
« Last Edit: 2009-01-01 13:39:15 by David Lucifer » Report to moderator   Logged
Walter Watts
Archon

Rate Walter Watts

Just when I thought I was out-they pull me back in

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-01 19:55:42 »

Quote from: David Lucifer on 2009-01-01 13:29:12   

Best wishes to my extended Virian family! I'm looking forward to another year of mutual enlightenment. 

Hear, hear!

I heartily echo those sentiments.

It has been ten years since I joined this church.

"Date Registered:     1999-12-20 17:01:35"

It has truly become "MY" church. "MY" home. "MY" oasis in an irrational world.

I hope it has for you too.

Best to all of you in 2009 and beyond.

Walter

Walter Watts
Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.

No one gets to see the Wizard! Not nobody! Not no how!
Fritz
Archon

Rate Fritz

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2009-01-02 01:04:53 »

Thank you to everyone !

The very best to all.

Cheers

Fritz

Where there is the necessary technical skill to move mountains, there is no need for the faith that moves mountains -anon-
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009-01-02 12:12:29 »

Somehow in the middle of Red Texas (only outdone in redness by places like Utah and Oklahoma) I've managed to cultivate some friends and acquaintences "In Real Life" with whom I can have some seriously reasoned and rational discussion about most anything even political and religious stuff. To me the Church of the Virus has been a reliable virtual community to supplement these discussions. Plus through the CoV I've gotten to actually meet and know some truly interesting people whom I've grown to care about and keep in touch with. I know we have yet to have that grand convention, but so many of us have met in smaller groups and have some sense of shared history. Given the global stretch of the relationships, I think it is unlikely we will ever have a truly representative convention without conducting much of it in some virtual place. In any case, I'm glad to have participated so far, I look forward to seeing more of y'all, and perhaps bumping into others again sometime. If anyone knows they are passing through the DFW area and can give me some notice, I'd love to meet over lunch, dinner, a drink, etc. I wish you and yours the best of years in 2009.

Much love,

-Mo

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
letheomaniac
Archon

Rate letheomaniac

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #6 on: 2009-01-13 05:49:50 »

[letheomaniac] A very happy new year to all at the CoV. May your next trip around the Sun be an awesome one!

"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: