logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-20 03:58:55 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

Who was this Jesus bloke anyway? - Plagiarised? Errr question.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Who was this Jesus bloke anyway? - Plagiarised? Errr question.  (Read 1080 times)
Bass
Magister

Rate Bass

I'm a llama!

View Profile
Who was this Jesus bloke anyway? - Plagiarised? Errr question.
« on: 2006-10-12 14:19:04 »

I have read the Who was this Jesus bloke anyway? and no offence to Hermit but it appears to be plagiarised. Here is the original source where this entire essay seems to come from. All it looks like you did Hermit was rearrange the paragraphs.

http://paganizingfaithofyeshua.netfirms.com/finding_truth_real_jesus.htm
« Last Edit: 2006-10-12 14:36:04 by Bass » Report to moderator   Logged
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
Re:Who was this Jesus bloke anyway? - Plagiarised? Errr question.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-10-12 19:07:47 »

[Bass] I have read the Who was this Jesus bloke anyway? and no offence to Hermit but it appears to be plagiarised. Here is the original source where this entire essay seems to come from. All it looks like you did Hermit was rearrange the paragraphs.

[Hermit] Possibly. There do appear to be other sources as well, as e.g googling for "Community of the Righteous" site:paganizingfaithofyeshua.netfirms.com returns no hits.

[Hermit] That said, please note that the protofaq to which you are refering states canonically that it is not yet a FAQ. It is not even from the BBS where we are making a concerted effort to keep track of copyright, but as I noted at the top of the protofaq, was simply taken from a post on the CoV mailing list, which in turn, was clearly manually reformatted from other emails, e.g. search the text for "The Gnostics
>From". That document was placed in the FAQ section until such time as one is written in FAQ form, in order to save people from having to dig through all the material in the archives to answer the question. Certainly, if the material is indeed a direct transcription from the site you referenced (or if they share a source), this must be credited in the process of generating a FAQ.

[Hermit] If you have the time, why don't you have a shot at developing a FAQ. The template for it can be copied from: Church of Virus BBS:General:FAQ:Templates: Formats for FAQs:Template: FAQ:Reply #1

[Hermit] If you do, I suggest starting a thread for it here, working on it and once it reaches a near polished form moving it to the FAQ section. If you haven't yet read it, I'd suggest working through "James the Brother of Jesus: The Key to Unlocking the Secrets of Early Christianity and the Dead Sea Scrolls", Robert Eisenman, Penguin, 1998 which is, to my mind the best academic work on the subject today, although "The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors", Kersey Graves, Lushena Books, 2004 is more readable.

Regards

Hermit
Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: