logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-25 03:53:38 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Read the first edition of the Ideohazard

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

What type of Fae are you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: What type of Fae are you?  (Read 3828 times)
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« on: 2006-04-16 14:22:56 »

Report to moderator   Logged
Iboseth
Acolyte

Rate Iboseth

Seize the day
Iboseth
View Profile
Re:What type of Fae are you?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-16 14:37:31 »

"... and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."
Ophis
Magister

Rate Ophis

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-22 02:43:39 »

Some would think that "You thrive with any system of order or rules" would be a pretty funny statement to make about someone who considers himself to be an anarchist.  Yet I actually think this little quiz is pretty close to the mark as far as I'm concerned.

"Anarchy doesn't mean not having any rules, it means not having anyone dictate the rules."  -- me
Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-22 07:23:06 »

I am thinking ***Rocky Horror***.

Whatever happened to Fay Wray?
That delicate, satin-draped frame?
As it clung to her thigh
How I started to cry
'cause I wanted to be dressed just the same.

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure.
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh.
Erotic nightmares, beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever.
Can't you just see it? Oh, oh, oh.

As a caveat to those taking the words of this - or most other - purported "personality test" seriously - or personally, think "Cold Reading."

"In the course of a successful reading, the psychic may provide most of the words, but it is the client that provides most of the meaning and all of the significance." --Ian Rowland (2000: 60)

The desire to make sense out of experience can lead us to many wonderful discoveries, but it can also lead us to many follies. The manipulator knows that his mark will be inclined to try to make sense out of whatever he is told, no matter how farfetched or improbable. He knows, too, that people are generally self-centered, that we tend to have unrealistic views of ourselves, and that we will generally accept claims about ourselves that reflect not how we are or even how we really think we are but how we wish we were or think we should be. He also knows that for every several claims he makes about you that you reject as being inaccurate, he will make one that meets with your approval; and he knows that you are likely to remember the hits he makes and forget the misses.

Thus, a good manipulator can provide a reading of a total stranger, which will make the stranger feel that the manipulator possesses some special power. For example, Bertram Forer has never met you, yet he offers the following cold reading of you:

Quote:
Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. You pride yourself on being an independent thinker and do not accept others' opinions without satisfactory proof. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety, and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. Disciplined and controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.

Your sexual adjustment has presented some problems for you. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a strong need for other people to like you and for them to admire you.

Here's another reading that you might find fairly accurate about you:

Quote:
People close to you have been taking advantage of you. Your basic honesty has been getting in your way. Many opportunities that you have had offered to you in the past have had to be surrendered because you refuse to take advantage of others. You like to read books and articles to improve your mind. In fact, if you're not already in some sort of personal service business, you should be. You have an infinite capacity for understanding people's problems and you can sympathize with them. But you are firm when confronted with obstinacy or outright stupidity. Law enforcement would be another field you understand. Your sense of justice is quite strong.

The last one was from astrologer Sidney Omarr. He's never even met you and yet he knows so much about you (Flim-Flam!, 61). The first one was taken by Forer from a newsstand astrology book.

The selectivity of the human mind is always at work. We pick and choose what data we will remember and what we will give significance to. In part, we do so because of what we already believe or want to believe. In part, we do so in order to make sense out of what we are experiencing. We are not manipulated simply because we are gullible or suggestible, or just because the signs and symbols of the manipulator are vague or ambiguous. Even when the signs are clear and we are skeptical, we can still be manipulated. In fact, it may even be the case that particularly bright persons are more likely to be manipulated when the language is clear and they are thinking logically. To make the connections that the manipulator wants you to make, you must be thinking logically.

The above excerpts are from http://skepdic.com/coldread.html. You may find:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading and the links from it helpful too.

Hermit

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-22 10:15:12 »

It isn't a cold reading if it is based on input from the subject. Sure the descriptions are vague enough that they apply to a broad range of people but what do you expect with only (say) 6 categories? The point is that based on your answers you are more like one than the others.
Drakeo Vortex
Adept

Rate Drakeo Vortex

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-23 16:19:38 »

I'm a Changeling who resonates Elohim. Huh kind of strange.
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-26 20:26:30 »

Like Lucifer, I'm a Dark Elf!

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
DJ dAndroid
Archon

Rate DJ dAndroid

Ballet Mechanique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007-03-27 04:34:17 »

Apparently there's a whack of us Dark Elves. heh

Shouldn't robots have the same right as humans to have gender and express their sexuality?
_Clayton Bailey_
http://www.claytonbailey.com/monrobot.htm
Silnaika
Acolyte

Rate Silnaika

Dead silence shall return.
   Lucifer4@live.co.uk
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-19 13:34:34 »

I don't know what type of Fae I am, hell I don't even remember what a Fae is 

A dead world is a free world.
letheomaniac
Archon

Rate letheomaniac

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-10 09:03:08 »

I live in "darkest Africa", so this seems about right

"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-10 23:11:45 »

LoL Letheo . . . we really seem to have mess of Dark Elves at the gravitational center of CoV. On that whole final answers thing, I wouldn't say my advice is ALWAYS final, I'd hate to be so dogmatic, but "etched in stone" might be accurate. Since I'm often paid for my opinion I try to make it as accurate as possible the first time instead of hedging or backing my way into it. I wouldn't make a good politician that way though. I be a gaffe-o-matic truth teller.

Love,

-Mo
« Last Edit: 2010-06-10 23:21:00 by MoEnzyme » Report to moderator   Logged

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: