logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-24 07:32:33 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Everyone into the pool! Now online... the VirusWiki.

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

Any Women Virians?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Any Women Virians?  (Read 1479 times)
Matt Arnold
Magister

Rate Matt Arnold

The Electric Monk
145919418 145919418    nemorathwald nemorathwald
View Profile WWW E-Mail
Any Women Virians?
« on: 2004-05-26 14:20:19 »

Approximately how many participants in the Church of Virus are women, now or at any time in the past?

Is a gender misproportion a problem for a religion?
Report to moderator   Logged

He believed in a door. The door was the way to... to... The Door was The Way. Good. Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to.
David Lucifer
Archon

Rate David Lucifer

Enlighten me.

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Any Women Virians?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-29 12:51:08 »

There is a relevant poll here>> http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=1;action=voteResults;idvote=32

Currently around 16% women of those who have chosen to vote.
« Last Edit: 2004-05-29 12:54:03 by David Lucifer » Report to moderator   Logged
Logic864
Neophyte

Logic864
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-11-30 22:51:53 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

gaiaguerrilla
Initiate

Rate gaiaguerrilla

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-02 10:10:47 »

Note: I don't know if this post makes me sexist, but I am more than happy to be labelled as such with the statement, and I know I may have to apologize for unfairness. I know I'm no psychologis. Either way, I'm posting.

The internet is showing a fascinating division between gender that I think provides new information in our different psychologies. To put it superficially- men like to be geeks, women like intellect, but not the such geeky kind. It may sound trivial, but this is one of the most important facts in human memetics.

Oversimplification: Women want things that connect their personal lives. Men want things that connect their personal thoughts. Men want a secure personal life so they can stop worrying and focus on the "truly important" stuff. Women want to -express- their personal life so that it's part of their information transaction. I feel a need to constantly sift and relay information. But I really don't care so much if no one else I personally know is interested. Granted it's interesting when someone from the internet happens to be local. But what do I care if my brother, sister, or aunt can't relate? But the women I know- they need friends involved. Someone that wants similar things. They become more effective by combining their social and informational lives. Men have more segregation in their lives, so that the world "out there" doesn't have to be in any way relevant to their personal world. It's less constricting because they'll go and talk. It's also less effective because we don't go throwing a Virian baby shower and head out for a Virian friend's ski trip. We explore more solitary.

In essence: Look at the parts of the internet where women are more concentrated. The sites are geared toward meeting one another and doing interesting things on the town, or relating the community. The sites where men are concentrated are like a beehive of analysis in possibly a super-specific concept or relating a bunch of strange theory.

More to the point (come on I know guys are thinking it). If you're looking to get laid with someone of similar interest, you can try to kill two birds with one stone- picture what it looks like if you involve CoV in your community life immediately (wheather those people are virians or not), and thus you apply Cyberia to reality, and you get more involved with the women socialites. For example: CoV is one of my planned Toastmasters topics in our local sessions. And no, I have no life, so it's all theory.

I've become the official property of a 10-year-old girl.
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: