Re:virus: I am Tired of This...

From: kharin (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 02:49:22 MDT

Joe, if you really are tired of this you could always stop raising the issue in this obsessive manner. I really don't have an axe to grind over Iraq one way or another*, but the usual procedure at this point would be for you and other participants to agree to disagree rather than continually raising the debate like a dog gnawing a bone and then blaming people for failing to agree with you.

I'm sorry to be somewhat sharp over this, but if people have not come over to your point of view now they are clearly not going to, no matter how much time is devoted to stamping one's feet. In which case, I would submit that this entire debate is best put out of its misery now.

* I would hope that my position is one of honest doubt - see: http://argument.independent.co.uk/regular_columnists/david_aaronovitch/story.jsp?story=328687

"This Iraq argument now resembles a dark forest in which huge grunting animals crash about – never engaging, but trampling on anything that's in their way. Both sides make the rest of us, with our scruples, look puny. But we're right."

----
This message was posted by kharin to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=26296>