Re: virus: Prince of Darkness sample

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 06:11:14 MDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Collins" <me@thisisnurgle.org.uk>
To: <virus@lucifer.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: virus: Prince of Darkness sample

> On Thursday 22 August 2002 10:10 am, you wrote:
> > I finally remembered it! By far the most famous use of the Prince of
> > Darkness "This is a broadcast from the year 1999" sample is from DJ
> > Shadow's debut album "Endtroducing". I think it is on the track
> > "Changeling**Transmission 1" . I will upload it later (after lunch) so
you
> > can hear it.
>
> I beg to differ. There's a Marilyn Manson track called "Down in the park"
> which makes use of that phrase right at the start, plus a bit more. The
> actual "broadcast" is muffled, but it continues with something like "we
are
> sending this transmission to alter the events of the <something>. Machines
> have <something something>"

Thanks for that Mark. I withdraw the "By far the most famous use". Last
night we were trying to recall where that sample had been used. What I had
in mind was the DJ Shadow version. What I was trying to convey is that this
was a very widely known song and was probably the one we were trying to
recall. Turns out the sample is more widely used than I thought.

Kind regards,

Jonathan