Re: virus: the intellocracy...and you.

From: athe nonrex (athenonrex@godisdead.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 00:31:25 MDT

>> [joedees 2]
>> >All in all, an interesting essay.
>>
>> [athenonrex 3]
>> wow...that's high praise coming from you.
>>
>> okay, you're right i guess. i suppose the mistake
>> of a hasty generalization was made on my part concerning
>> the system of our "great" nation, but alas, does the
>> government always follow the rules and laws it tries to make the
>> populace follow? perhaps better stated: does the govenment ever
>> violate the constitution, the US's holy grail, without first amending
>> the constitution? i do believe they have.

>>[joedees 4]
>Yes, but when they're caught, there's usually legal hell to pay. See
>Watergate, Iran-Contra.

[athenonrex 5]
name me one common person that know or remembers iran-contra. walk
up or down any street asking people of iran-contra and see what the
especially when it comes to bad things the politicians that they voted
for did...

>>[athenonrex 3]
>> there may be "laws" that the majority can only have so much
>> legislative power, but when it comes down to it, the majority is still
>> in control to the bitter end. (with the exceptions of course when the
>> military takes command, et cetera...)

>>[joedees 4]
>Like the US National Guard enforcing integration of Southern schools in
>the '60's.

[athenonrex 5]
or when the executive branch of our govenment is permitted to bomb
or attack countries without prior notification, so long as it is a
"policing action" or a "conflict," and not a true war?

>>[athenonrex 3]
>> polititians are always going to pander to the audiance that will get
>> them the most votes, and therefore into office. this is only the
>> logical thing to do if one is trying to get into office. and who has
>> the most votes? obviously the majority does.

>>[joedees 4]
>Cynical politicians indeed do promise the majority that they will cater to
>their unfair desires in order to garner their votes, but upon subsequent
>election, when the politicians attempt to keep such promises by passing
>laws designed to so unfairly cater, they are generally challenged in
>court and ruled unconstitutional. In fact, one of the reasons that cynical
>politicians are willing to promise and subsequently attempt to pass such
>laws is that they know that this will happen.

[athenonrex 5]
point taken...politicians bad, people stupid...
i would like to refer to bill hicks,
"...i like that pupet better than the other...wait! they're both
controlled by the same person!"

>>[athenonrex 3]
>> i, in the section of US politics, was only trying to provide the image
>> of our country in a manner that was ad populem and to my favor, as was
>> what the assignment called for. that did however lead me to a hasty
>> generalization...que sera sera...

>>[joedees 4]
>You might do a google search on meritocracy, and see how close this
>ancient model is to what you propose.

[athenonrex 5]
you mean like plato's republic? and the such? actually, the model that
i made is an extention of plato's republic, only to a different end,
and by a somewhat different means. i am quite aware of what a
meritocracy is. people are valued by their subsequent abilities
and the necessity that the community has for them, etc...
which is actually what i was going for, just at a different angle.