virus: Last one...

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 22:35:06 MDT

[Joe Dees]And what about the Muslim populations of Jordan, Syria, Lebanon,
Egypt, etc.?

[Mermaid]What about them? Israel was created in 1948. These countries and
their indegenous populations, on the other hand, are native to the region.
What about them? Dont they have the right to exist and live and multiply
which has been their motherland for several generations?

[Joe Dees]Nope, but it doesn't NOT apply to them, either.

[Mermaid]It pleases me that you think so...but I am wary of basking in the
seeming warmth of your consideration. But, its nice to hear you say that for
a change.

[Joe Dees]I think the Peruvian thing is just stupid of the Israelis to allow
and smart of the peruvians to scam on,

[Mermaid]The Peruvians are scamming the Israelis? The Israelis who recruit
Peruvians and put them through a crash course conversion to Judaism in two
weeks? So Israel picks up a poor South American and promise him money if he
converts to a diff religion, learn a different language and move to a war
torn area if he would claim stray land as his and squat on it. Israel
purposefully puts innocent people in the path of danger(much like human
shields..but they are not really "Jews" for them..although they are jewish
citizens when they get killed and when they get reported in the media)for a
price.

[Joe Dees]...but I do draw a distinction between relocating for money and
suicide bombing for it.

[Mermaid]I dont draw a distinction between Peruvian 'Jews' who immigrate to
Israel and the suicide bombers recruited by terrorists groups. Both of them
are victims. One gets a nation's citizenship if he takes a risk. The other
has no homeland to call his own and loses nothing if he dies. One does it
for money. The other does it for his freedom. One is pushed by a group who
is willing to sacrifice other people for their cause. The other is pushed
into it by conviction and brainwashing by those with radical views and
homicidal/violent tendencies. You call the former 'stupid' and the latter
'evil'. I call the former 'evil' and the latter 'evil'. A slight digression.
Some might even say that they deserve each other. Do you feel that way, Joe
Dees? 'Evil' deserves an equal match?

[Joe Dees]Apparently, you do not.

[Mermaid]You might feel that way given your condition.

[Joe Dees]There has been testimony from Palestinian parents of successful
suicide bombers who stated that they were proud of their dead little
assassin progeny and that they hoped that some of their siblings would join
them.

[Mermaid]Well..they are dead. If your child died, would you berate your dead
offspring? What is so terrible about that? However, your claim is a
generalisation. Back it up if you think its not. I'll buy it then.

[Joe Dees]As frequently? It is wrong for either side to do it in MY book,
but you apparently condemn one and cheerlead the other.

[Mermaid]Do I? Are you sure?

[Joe Dees]It ain't gonna happen. They'd prefer to kill them and publicly
exhibit their dead bodies.

[Mermaid]I blame Israel! Being a democracy and spy recruiter, it is their
moral duty to embrace these collabarators and grant them Israeli
citizenship. Of course, they have to reward them monetarily. Let them learn
Hebrew even! Why are they not rescuing their Arab helpers? It is an
abomination and a travesty. I register my horror and protest.

[Joe Dees]Actually, ummm, no. I do not think that you can show me where
entire families in a home, including women and children, have been
systematically gunned down by IDF forces.

[Mermaid]http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=317538

They have US backing. They dropped a missile. To get one man. 15 died.

[Joe Dees]I support both sides living in their own separate states in peace,
but I do not see the Palestinian militants as willing to accept any solution
that includes Israeli survival.

[Mermaid]Neither does the Israeli terror government want to allow the
Palestinian life, land or water. They are still matched, arent they?

[Mermaid]Dont you see? The victims on both sides are the civilians. The
aggressors on both the sides are those who dont care about the civilians.
Why is it that you do not make the distinction between the suffering of the
common man on the Palestinian street and the manaical freedom fighters when
you can make the distinction between suicide bombers and paid third world
mercenaries.

[Joe Dees]I'm not the terrible human being; the jihadists and their
cheerleaders are the morally bankrupt ones, but they're too self-righteously
blind to see same.

[Mermaid]I dont believe that you are a terrible human being either. And yes,
they are. I hope they, along with the zionist, racists who run the so-called
democracy in Israel get swallowed by the desert or the sea and leave the
people of Israel and Palestine to live side by side. I do think both of them
want to live and they want their children to live. I also wish the US will
stop interfering and meddling in the Middle East and keep America safe for
the americans. That is the first and only responsibility of the state.
Israel is not the 51st state of the Union. We should stop giving them money
to fight and only help if they are in trouble with the basic ameneties.

[Joe Dees]I have seen selective condemnation here that...

[Mermaid]Me too.

[Joe Dees]...indicates a great deal of antisemitism, including contorted and
convoluted apologetics for 70+ Palestinian suicide bombings of Israelis in
the past year.

[Mermaid]I dont think they are anti-semites just as you are not(i hope)a
prejudiced being who hates all Moslems and Arabs for your country's tragedy.

[Mermaid]I do not see them as apologetics(I know I am not one!), but rather
as people who try to find cause and effect instead of making one party bear
all responsibility. Afterall, we do know that every action has an equal and
opposite reaction..right? Nothing, afterall, comes from nothing.

[Joe Dees]Why the absence of condemnation for that continues drumbeat of
atrocity, hunh?

[Mermaid]I dont know. It could be because the media is biased and Israel is
manipulating information and in an effort to earn world support and
sympathy, she is trying all sorts of underhand tricks that blocks free flow
of information. Of course, a snake doesnt donate its venom as an antidote
after striking its victim. Noone expects Israel to accept and acknowledge
the atrocities committed on her own people and others. The only way to
combat disinformation is to break it down. If that constitutes as
'anti-semitism', then it is an unfortunate, inappropriate and incorrect term
for the purposes of this never ending debate.

[Joe Dees]I thought so. To the antisemites here, they deserve to die, and
why? Just because they're Jews.

[Mermaid]Yea. I'd imagine you would think something like that. Again, its
your fantasy. Enjoy it. I'll send you a shipment of Kleenex..:) It's late.
Sleepy. Goodnight.